ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had enough of my ride height!

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Ok, I bought my 172 back in august the ride height (dropped 40mm by previous owner) looks awesome, but the ride is awful. I drive over the slightest bump and bang. A shockwave goes right through the car.

I didnt mind it at first, but now it does my head in!

I know there are loads of threads to do with springs and coilovers but they don't quite answer my questions.

What I really want to know is all the options.

Are there springs that are softer than others - is that even possible?

What are the cheapest coilovers out there and how do they differ from the more expensive ones?

Is there a good middle ground/value for money option?

Many Thanks every1!!

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
after market springs are normaly between 20-40% stiffer than standerd best and cheapist option is getting your standered spring shortend if you want a soft ride and notalot of drop.

coilovers have diffrent stiffnes springs so can very them to your taste depending on driveing style ect the shoxs on more expensive coilsovers are more adjustabe and have rebound daping sttings that are adjustable.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
you can get softer springs.

But lowering springs and coilovers are preformance parts this means they will stiffen up the car to improve the handleing.

You could go back to the standard springs or man up :D

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
It sounds like you're on Apex matey.

I had these. They looked superb but the ride was shocking.

I changed to Eibach Sportlines which kept the front low but the rear raised a little. The ride is now as good as if not better than standard and the handling is much improved.

I paid around £135 IIRC. Do a search, you won't read a bad review.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
It sounds like you're on Apex matey.

I had these. They looked superb but the ride was shocking.

I changed to Eibach Sportlines which kept the front low but the rear raised a little. The ride is now as good as if not better than standard and the handling is much improved.

I paid around £135 IIRC. Do a search, you won't read a bad review.

just the info i needed :)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
softer springs and youll be driving a bouncey castle!

TrackCar & F30 330d
I had Apex springs, liked if for a while but then bought H&R Coilovers and its still firm but the shock doesnt go through your spine :)

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
im gunna order some Eibach Sportlines asap me thinks. Just out of interest, surely apex springs must eventually do some serious damage to the car?

b/g 182, meg tourer
yep, sounds like you have apex springs on there.
i would go for sportlines on standard shocks.

Mk2 Clio 1.6
im going to order some of them badboys aswell!!! sound good from what ive read, and can keep the standard shocks.

i looked at the link above aswell and it looks a good height!!