ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guess the weight loss?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Got it all happening on Friday, Mike at Rentech is fitting;

Cobra Imola 2 bucket seat
Steel (boooooo) sidemounts
3-point harness
New front discs (thicker)
OMP 300mm wheel
Lightweight alloy 60mm steering wheel spacer

Which means he's removing;

Standard steering wheel + airbag
Standard seat/runners etc.
Standard inertia-reel seatbelt
Old front discs (thinner)

Also, I thought while he's at it I should also get him to remove;

Passenger airbag
Front fog lights
Aerial (every little helps) ;)

Total weight loss before this is 65kgs - which means I'm at about 955 kgs before this lot gets swapped.

After?

I'm hopeful for 25 kgs taking me down to 930 kgs, or 191 bhp/ton :approve:

Tangoed Works
get it on the weigh bridge! I bet its well nippy after that lot, just changing my front seats made a noticeable difference.

955kgs? Lose another 5kg and it will be the same weight as mine and i ve still got a full interior :approve:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Only mods are decat, ITG panel filter, K-tec stealth, and an R-sport ECU.

Consitently gives 178 at the flywheel.

I don't plan on anything else to the engine, nor anything at all to the suspension...for now.

Upgraded brakes and a sticky set of tyres along with this weight loss are enough for me for the time being :evil:

Probably more than 50hp as Marks Cup is a strong one. I was just pointing out the benefits of aluminium construction, if only the Lupo had 180bhp...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
what frame are you mounting the side rails too?

Err...

Frame?

I thought they'd just bolt in/on to something?

not really supposed to just bolt the side mounts to the spot wleded OEM rails, the holes arnt in the right place, unless you drill through the floor pan to double bolt it LOL

really need to mount it to a frame, but up to you :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I doubt you've broken 980kgs.

You'd have to assume the stock kerb weight figures were correct. not to mention if thats a dry weight or includes a driver (which some figures do)

930 is very optimistic.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I doubt you've broken 980kgs.

You'd have to assume the stock kerb weight figures were correct. not to mention if thats a dry weight or includes a driver (which some figures do)

930 is very optimistic.

fire it on a weigh bridge and you'll soon see!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i need to get mine on one, think you need to go to a race track to get a good reading, all the local ones are to the nearest 35kgs

mine will prob be over the stock weight, with the huge cage and stupid heavy harnesses!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Public Weighbridges are useless,you need proper automotive scales. Four pad type.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye, any race track will have them...Ask and i'm sure they'll let you in the scuitineering bay!

RS RIP
how's about a weighbridge for containers/trucktrailers ?

At work we sometimes have to weigh the contents of a container filled with Coco (chocolate-stuff) , they subtract the weight of the trailer and container to get the weight of the Coco. I'm thinking this weighbridge has to give correct readings , because this way they check what they're actually paying for ?

10-15KG loss for the seat
2KG for the wheel

To weigh it get it on some corner weight scales. I had mine done at Northampton motorsport I doubt they would charge more then £20 to do it

Westfield20on20alignment20kit.jpg

not my car though ;)

results for my full fat 182

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113770

Last edited:
Tom, sub 980kg's cant be that hard if a Cup only weighs 1011kg's stock. What does a 182 FF weigh, as the GDI demo with no aircon, rear seats, front buckets but an added harness bar was just under 1020kg's when it was being corner weighted.

Nippy white cup
All I know is the rear bench and bits from the boot (carpet/tools etc) weighs about 25kgs but as Tom said, how is the original weight measured...1 person in the car and a full tank or the opposite?

Chris