ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTT Update

funny colours mate but a big difference in the quality! just needs one of them to drop it on the concrete now, put a nice gash across it ;)

got a due date yet? is that engine due for a compltee rebuild then? spec?

Skoda Fabia vRS

yes its bein rebuilt..........

i didnt actually tell Andy which colour i wanted the gearbox i jus said i wanted a yellow engine...........

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

drop it on the concrete indeed.....!! as if we would.....

anyway it will look like a wasp with a red arse with that gearbox!!!

any questions etc please drop me a line as usual and we will be happy to discuss or meet up with you.

all the best guys

Andy GDI

07010 716 440

Because there are equal forces on all sides.

Because weak mineded individuals think football is something we should pay people millions to do.

now thats a pic!!!!

haha!

Any idea when itll be ready?????

Have you already given andy your clio, or do you wait till the engines ready??

Sorry if i ask questions you have answered in previous post, i stopped reading it when you all turned into women and started to argue!

Skoda Fabia vRS

me Clio is still ere with me for the time bein, as soon as the engine is ready then i can sort out goin down to GDI and ill be gettin the train back and then a hire car for a week or 3.....

i think the engine will be done in 2 weeks.........maybe sooner

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

all looking good now... will keep you all informed with new pics etc when they arrive/

Andy

GDI, 07010 716 440

Revels Mum & Sister

Everyone shhhh

Get BenR jabbering on again like a pissed up schoolgirl.

Looking very good mate! Nice to see you not rushing and taking your time.

Sure GDI will do a top job heard some very good things. Good luck mate!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

the trick is to start your own rumours... about being good...!!!!! LOL *just kidding*

give me a call if you guys need any help or advice etc... (that bit is free)

regards

Andy

GDI

Thing which worries me about these GTT Conversions is the 15mpg.. and they still only manage to keep up with Valvers.. which are probably getting 33mpg at the same time!

They like the fuel, ya?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

15 mpg??? who said that....

that has nothing to do with putting that engine in that car... its purly down the the way its driven and the spec of the engine...

a sorted GTT engine will out accelerate a valver anyway and should be seeing about 25mpg.....

but when gtt engines are not set up you are right in thinking the economy is not so good... but all engines are like that..

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 August 2003

Thing which worries me about these GTT Conversions is the 15mpg.. and they still only manage to keep up with Valvers.. which are probably getting 33mpg at the same time!

They like the fuel, ya?

Eh? GTT only manage to keep up with a valver?

Conversion is looking nice by the way :cool:

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 August 2003

They like the fuel, ya?

a standard one would give ok MPG, a group A carb isnt kind to the fuel bill at all though. But if you get an injector kit like on mine, i actually have better economy than in my valver. Also they are 120bhp standard and 850kg i think, so would probably beat a standard 16v to 60 and lose out top end. A few free mods and that all changes though.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 26 August 2003

15 mpg??? who said that....

that has nothing to do with putting that engine in that car... its purly down the the way its driven and the spec of the engine...

a sorted GTT engine will out accelerate a valver anyway and should be seeing about 25mpg.....

but when gtt engines are not set up you are right in thinking the economy is not so good... but all engines are like that..
and thats why ive gone with GDI, someone who is actually gonna take the time to make sure my engine is spot on..........

looks nice so far!

was looking at doing this conversion on my mk3, so ill give you a ring when i have a suitable number of reddies.

Just I know of some R5s, running what 15.3 - 15.7 1/4 miles and just never getting near 20mpg... put me off wanting a GTT engine in mine to be honest.. cus I wanted one in mine at one point..

Be interesting to see what BRUNs is like, on the strip etc.. and how friendly it is towards fuel - maybe it will get me interested again? ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

well trust me ill be posting a lot about it once its done, you know me mate if summats impressed me i never shut up about it....

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

we aim to make our engines usable on the road rather than just 1/4 beasts.... although the by product of the engine is they are of course very fast....

I personally like an engine that has awesome overtaking power and a huge kick in the back and fast response....

we can of course build these type engines.... just what the customer is after!