ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gtr smokes veyron...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

first part is impressive, second not so much untill the gtr just f***s off lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
The veyron wasn't even trying!!! Listen to the sound and then watch the trees, he's barely accelerating.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok top end the veyron would prob have it but still its impressive lol and how pissed would you be that your 1mill veyron just got spanked by a 200k gtr lol...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
The veyron wasn't even trying!!! Listen to the sound and then watch the trees, he's barely accelerating.

then why is it a competition and they say the gtr driver is the winner at the end lol? its been on more than one blog saying it was legit lol...

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Because a tuner will of set the gtr up and what better publicity than to say it's beat the fastest car in the world. Just because alot of people say it's true doesn't mean it is. Take god for an example, how many believe in that silly story?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol but the point is, there were people there watching it wasnt settup why you so upset over it lol... to me that veyron is f**king shifting, the gtr is shifting too!!! stop being so bitter lol...

you really think the tuner of the gtr gave the owner of the veyron (THE MOST EXPENSIVE NEW CAR YOU CAN BUY) a backhander to loose?? bearing in mind the guy has a million to buy it, plus doesnt care about driving it hard... do you really think a tuner is gonna have that much cash to offer as a bribe lol?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Found some info on this for ya malice. 2 (730bhp) gtr's race veyron and get beat in Russia, 2 weeks later at a drag strip the same supposedly beats veyron with seemingly no extra mods. There words not mine. It's on google.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well looking at that vid... i know that i would rather a go in the gtr lol.

I've got no reason to doubt the validity of the vid.
There could be any amount of tricky bits in the GTR.
Judging by the rolling starts, It's probably running a turbo the size of a dustbin with mpg of about 1.

Damned impressive though.

Charged Superleggera
very impressive GTR but judging by the great margin in which the Veyron got spanked, i find it difficult to believe that it was a genuine race. Either the veyron is fucked or it wasn't trying imo. It was still good vid to watch though and would love it if i was wrong but realistically i think the Veyron is too quick to get beaten like that.

TBF I reckon it would need around 2000hp to be that much quicker than a car that already has 1000hp. Then again maybe it does have 2000hp :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
One guys driving a Veyron. One a Datsun. A f**king quick Datsun, but a Datsun all the same. I'd still rather the Veyron if the GTR had 10,000bhp.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
gtr is built in a different factory to every other nissan... so no its not a renault lol

Stripped yozza'd cup
Realistically, if both the cars were standard, from a rolling start the veyron would destroy to gtr. Fact. With some work on the gtr, who's to say.

So it's had a huge amount of money poured into it, or, it's not a genuine video. And I have to agree that it doesn't look like the guy in the veyron is pushing at all.... Mostly because his face isn't spread across his headrest.

Good video all the same though, the gtr sounds glorious.

Nippy white cup
Is it just me that can see the veyron clearly backs off once it has got past? Also where are all the 'STD vs modded fail' comments?

As fred said the veyron can drive there, do something like that then go home with no problems...I'm guessing that the admittedly awesome gtr will probably need fixing on a regular basis. Norris evo was awesome but it seemed that everytime I saw it, it was jacked up early on in the day and never got back on through on problem or another

Evo 5 RS
Lol at the comments about a training key. He doesn't look particually enthusiastic in the veyron either. Still impressive even if the gtr is tinkered.they still scare the living shitpots out of me standard

Lionel Richie
i bet with a bit of c**king about a veyron could "safely" run 1500bhp, someone remind me of VW's test procedure for all of of their production engines?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
That gtr wont beat a veyron.

I witnessed seven valleys gtr do a 9.2 seconds quarter mile at japshow finale a few weeks ago.

Itsn ow officially the fastest gtr i nthe world and its running over 1000bhp. They dont know how much because there rollers are only rated to 1000hp and it went over.

Doesnt the veyron run 10sec quarters standard?

You'd need over 1000bhp in that gtr to beat a veyron

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i also thought the veyron let off as soon as the GT-R had gone past,
and im not sure what happened at 1:09, first honk the veyron plants, then lets off, then plants again, unless it was traction control kicking in,
screw doing that in the wet!!!

MCS R56
Is it just me that can see the veyron clearly backs off once it has got past? Also where are all the 'STD vs modded fail' comments?

As fred said the veyron can drive there, do something like that then go home with no problems...I'm guessing that the admittedly awesome gtr will probably need fixing on a regular basis. Norris evo was awesome but it seemed that everytime I saw it, it was jacked up early on in the day and never got back on through on problem or another

Why is it a fail? One car was faster than the other. End. Both impressive.

Turbos.
I do love the GTR, and in no doubt you could get a 1000bhp one, but something is up for it to pull away that easily...

Thing is, performance is one thing, the marvel is that the Bugatti can do it any given time, all the time. Like people have said, the GTR will need constant looking after. It's impressive, but lets not think its a cut-price Veyron, as that would do a complete disservice to Bugatti.