ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT86 with mods

MY10 R35 GTR
The mrs GT86 with selected mods + wheels

1165e565-3831-40e3-ad4d-076b8bec72cf_zps3f9d1e93.jpg

coolant hoses, Cusco strut bars, full perrin intake kit.

litchfield springs and anti roll bars, with camber and toes arms. Works 18" wheels. 8.5 wide fronts 9.5 wide rears

DSC00465_zps9a64192d.jpg

1eed906b-c751-45e4-8c9c-5799081edece_zpsa882e5d5.jpg

392db06c-0ca4-4b0b-80b6-b2fbc45d8198_zpsc6a25e04.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't like the GT86 but the bits you've done to yours transform it! It looks lovely well done.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That is really something! Makes such a difference getting rid of those halfords special wheels they come with.

Disastra Coupe
I'm with Daniel on this, stock form i think they look s**t. However this is quite smart with what you've done - although the colour i'm not sure on!

I'd lose that GT86 badge on the rear too, why the hell did they make it so big!?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
OOOOSHT! Love it. Wheels make a big difference to these bad boys! Make a big difference in the handling department?

Suzuki Jimny
Looks nice.
The wheels sound too wide though, surely they take away from the handling fun?

MY10 R35 GTR
ARBs should help with keeping the handing good.

just give car more grip so you can give it some on twisties without having to hang on to its ar5e

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I love the look of these but the wheels really let them down, so glad to see one on something decent. looks great mate. Whats the car like I really do fancy one?

MY10 R35 GTR
Great fun. Get rid of the silly noise generator and put a decent intake kit and it give it a bit more noise.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
ARBs should help with keeping the handing good.

just give car more grip so you can give it some on twisties without having to hang on to its ar5e

Wasn't that the entire point of the GT86. Less grip = more fun?

Presumably with far more grip you'll not get it moving about so easily now.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Il echo the above, looks so much better now, the standard wheels are dreadful.

Was looking at these the other day, but couldn't get past the interior when I had a look in one.

MY10 R35 GTR
Wasn't that the entire point of the GT86. Less grip = more fun?

Presumably with far more grip you'll not get it moving about so easily now.

personnally I think it was too far down the less grip route. It still moves about just needs be asked to do so

The mrs loves it that's the main thing

That looks awesome.

The stock wheels are dreadful, they look cheap.

I really like this, new wheels give it a far more aggressive look.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like the GT86 but the bits you've done to yours transform it! It looks lovely well done.

Exactly this. They normally look a bit "halfords" for me but yours looks fantastic.

You'd think Toyota would have their own engine cover though? Lazy buggers..

MY10 R35 GTR
The Mrs has done some further mods this year.

Fitted some Crawford performace Billet Power Blocks which once the car has a had a remap should be a good 10hp jump in power. Crawford are claiming close to 19hp gain!

Also fitted has been a new rear spoiler, a shark fin aerial and a roof spoiler.

20140426_191211_zps78092fdd.jpg

20140426_191157_zpsef8b82fc.jpg

20140426_190951_zps5ecea008.jpg

MY10 R35 GTR
Alot better with the mods, both my wife and I agree.

Ok they were developed to have fun with, but the standard tyres are scary in the wet. No grip in any way.

Cars awesome now, shes actually talking about getting more power