ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

f**king lol at the sound of the XJ13. Did they give the guy doing the sound a brief of "make it sound as little like the car as possible"

Last edited by a moderator:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Isn't it awesome how there weren't enough sad b******s to sit around picking through forza's faults lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Forza wasn't a half-arsed effort with six year's development and a budget to make Hollywood weep.

Come on mate, you know the sound's way off? lol

Nit picking TBH. As if the audio is at all important in the most perfect driving simulator ever made.

What concerns me most is that in every video I've seen so far, none of the cars look like cars. They don't really look like they are suspended by springs and dampers. That video of the GT-R riding piggyback was awesome when it was bouncing around in the air. Looked like a matchbox toy being thrown down a bowling lane. f**king rrrrrrrRRRRRRUBBISH.

Isn't it awesome how there weren't enough sad b*****ds to sit around picking through forza's faults lol.

Of course YouTube, gaming forums and gt planet forum hasn't been filled with posts of PS3 owners picking holes in every little detail of Forza.

GT is out now, it's taken 6 years, it has the headline of "the real driving simulator" it will be up for (and rightly so) the same in depth analysis and criticism that Forza has been through.

They are very similar in the broad driving market they aim at and on rival platforms so it's natural people compare. Hell it's good we have both titles as one drives the other to be better than it's previous incarnation. Forza has plenty of faults and shortcomings, I'm under no illusion of that, I'll happily list them if it makes you feel better. But there's no denying that audio is one of GT's failings, the sound is pitiful and while physics comes above audio and looks it does play a huge part in the authenticity of the game. The jag should sound visceral and aggressive, it sounds like a smoothie blender...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
At the end of the day, it's a game. Neither are simulators, anyone that thinks that's how cars behave on track (forza or gt) hasn't been on track.

Yes there will be fan boys picking forza apart. But I imagine they don't go looking for a forza thread to bang on about it. I mean ffs, it seems like the forza fanboi club are posting more at the moment than anyone else?

If you want to post how awesome forza is in comparison, why not post in a forza thread?

It's tedious. I think small kids in Kenya have heard that some people on cs don't like it.

Octy VRS
Back to actually playing the game, what have people used for the lightweight Brit races? Elise seems the obvious choice, saw a bloody Exige in the used section but it's gone now..

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Back to actually playing the game, what have people used for the lightweight Brit races? Elise seems the obvious choice, saw a bloody Exige in the used section but it's gone now..
I've bought a TVR Tuscan and trashed them std even bought the other TVR and won that one std too

i got 2 of those XJ13's lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
At the end of the day, it's a game. Neither are simulators, anyone that thinks that's how cars behave on track (forza or gt) hasn't been on track.

Yes there will be fan boys picking forza apart. But I imagine they don't go looking for a forza thread to bang on about it. I mean ffs, it seems like the forza fanboi club are posting more at the moment than anyone else?

If you want to post how awesome forza is in comparison, why not post in a forza thread?

It's tedious. I think small kids in Kenya have heard that some people on cs don't like it.

Bit racist. <3

If ay of that was aimed at me, I haven't really mentioned Forza. I'm just commenting on parts of GT5 that clearly look rubbish to me. I believe this is a thread on a discussion board discussing GT5, so you shouldn't really be surprised that there are positive and negative comments.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've yet to do GT all stars and the historic on the Expert. i've got 1.4 million cr and i've used the racing NSX and a saleem S7 and nee joy.

Any recomdations?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've been using that freebie that looks like the 'Back to the Future' car it's about 160bhp iirc been using that and it works really well

Octy VRS
I've got an old Toyota thing that I managed to do it with. Brazo is borrowing it at the moment but you can have it after.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
cant remeber is very early on, it's called the DOME -ZERO concept car 157bhp 1978. 1st every time

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
level 21 now, and still can i f@@k to the very last karting one. got all silver on the AMG first 3 levels. still yet to do the last rain one in the AMG. and cant do the rally ones lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Try practising the kart on autumn mini without other cars. You'll nail the lines within 10laps, then go back and race. You'll win by a good margin.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Try practising the kart on autumn mini without other cars. You'll nail the lines within 10laps, then go back and race. You'll win by a good margin.
i'll do that cheers

also i'm level 21 even without a proper LM or race car 800 or 900bhp. where can i get one from as i cant afford one at mo with 1.8 million

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

Very lucky on this one, got it 1st time. Qualo

Last edited by a moderator:
  S3, HD Nightster
Kubelwagon event was quite easy IMO, first time also, just need TC off and very little braking through corners as you're going so slow anyway.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
What car have you guys been using for the jap classic?

Cant find anything in the used car part.
I've got a tuned classic skyline looks the tits. Even the Bspec won in it.

For the british lightweight I used a vx220t. That was pretty awesome

Golf MK6 GT TDI
level 21 now, and still can i f@@k to the very last karting one. got all silver on the AMG first 3 levels. still yet to do the last rain one in the AMG. and cant do the rally ones lol

Avoid the kerbs like the plauge on that karting one, and don't brake, just ease off the throttle.

Works every time :)