ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Listerine & Poledo
Is there actually a reason for B-spac existing?

Other than maybe making the 24-hr races a damn sight shorter!

clio 197
think i might get a ps3 and gt5 and anouther game tonigth just cuz of this vid :-( it pushed me over the edge :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJe2XokCBk

what wheel should i get tho, g25? g27? or any others recommended basically just for gt5?

i recon this is gunna be a sly dog and every1 is not loving it but come 1 month and people are unlocking things the games gunna be amazing and there has gotta be more premium cars to come!!!

im going to take a £300 gamble on one game! :0

just read that and might re think my plan later

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I'm loving it so far tbh, not as bad as many would have you believe. Had a good look around most aspects, and am pretty used to it all already.

Why are people bothering to install it? Is to improve load times? Cos I have noticed that takes the pish abit

VTS(In Bits) BMW7.30
I'm loving it so far tbh, not as bad as many would have you believe. Had a good look around most aspects, and am pretty used to it all already.

Why are people bothering to install it? Is to improve load times? Cos I have noticed that takes the pish abit

Yeah it makes the game load quicker, tracks cars etc.
You need 8gb of space for it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
What the f**k do ya have to do on the first NASCAR challenge. I keep getting disqualified no matter what I do. And how awesome are the karts. Lol

Is this true?

"Hopping in and out of the game’s online lobby is a breeze, and setting up races with friends is just as simple. To make it easier to join friends, each room is assigned a 20-digit numerical code. Just click on the globe that says “specify room number” and punch in that code to be brought directly to the room your friend is in"

EDIT: BTW this was from one of the most biased reviews I have ever read....

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/11/24/ps3-review-gran-turismo-5/

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Over an hour into the install and it's still mocking me with the "40 seconds remaining" thing.

Edit: For the last 15 mins it's been saying "4 seconds".

So I wait 6 years, get a game that's not even finished, and now I have to sit for AN HOUR AND 20mins while it mocks me with "oh it will only take 20mins to install this". f**k YOU!

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
Can anyone get online without it freezing and locking up? i had a few races yesterday which were fine once in the room but every other time it freezes and its just done it again:dapprove:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone get online without it freezing and locking up? i had a few races yesterday which were fine once in the room but every other time it freezes and its just done it again:dapprove:

Think of the millions of people trying to do the same currently ;)

Dirty E91
@Jason_E

Your HDD is slow, have you upgraded it?

EuroGamer showed that the HDD in the new slim was quicker than the old 40Gb "fat" model.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Think of the millions of people trying to do the same currently ;)

Hmm , will stick to single player anyway as i have just downloaded the chrome line car pack and they go straight in the garage so now have a cobra, 300sl, murcielago, M3 and R8 v10 to play with:D just hope this online issue is sorted fast....

Clio 182 cup'd
think i might get a ps3 and gt5 and anouther game tonigth just cuz of this vid :-( it pushed me over the edge :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJe2XokCBk

what wheel should i get tho, g25? g27? or any others recommended basically just for gt5?

i recon this is gunna be a sly dog and every1 is not loving it but come 1 month and people are unlocking things the games gunna be amazing and there has gotta be more premium cars to come!!!

im going to take a £300 gamble on one game! :0

just read that and might re think my plan later

That Ferrari is understeering like a b**ch and the chase cam looks s**t as already mentioned, you must be easily pleased if that video sold you a PS3 and the game!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
@Jason_E

Your HDD is slow, have you upgraded it?

EuroGamer showed that the HDD in the new slim was quicker than the old 40Gb "fat" model.

I'm on a launch console so no.

Anyone else notice the Megane is a 5 door? Thought it was only a 5 door in the diesel Sport :S

clio 197
That Ferrari is understeering like a b**ch and the chase cam looks s**t as already mentioned, you must be easily pleased if that video sold you a PS3 and the game!

clearly, or im just not expecting as much as everyone else.

people are moaning about this game but really the game looks awsome, i have an xbox and never really been a fan of the ps3 but this game looks like something else compared to anything out there on the market, i understand its been in the process of manufacture for five years! but there is alot of areas where you can see they have taken ages on, this looks and no doubt it a lot better than prologue. and its most certainly better than forza. It appears to almost be 5 or 6 games in one, nascar/gokarting/truck racing. you have the freedom to upgrade your cars. yes theres only 200 premium cars but there is clearly alot more to come!

i think putting 800 old cars in the game isnt that big of a deal it just shows the user how good the new cars are and how advanced the graphics can be, and it gives a good indication on what is to come.

the hype has ruined this game for a load of people, and i really hope that it wont contiue to destory how good the game is. People just want to much, if the game did have 1200 premium cars you would still find faults with them. atleast the game has finally been release!

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I'm on a launch console so no.

Anyone else notice the Megane is a 5 door? Thought it was only a 5 door in the diesel Sport :S

Nah they did 5 door 225's and cups, not sure about R26's though.

I'm abit lost with it now, I have 150,000 and I'm scared to buy anything lol. Gonna go on arcade mode for abit and see what I like.

This install is an actual joke.

Would you prefer less tracks/cars/graphics? People are moaning about this and that not being in the game and then moaning about load times and install size, talk about having your cake and eating it much, the developers have already said the blu-ray disc is full and limited by the ps3 capabilities.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
now then girls, can you do a friends race on this?

if so do one later tonight?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
It tells you to draft him not overtake. I went for the ek9 in black with bbs rs wheels, got 250+ bhp now and weighs 972kg. Thought the top gear rave with vw vans pointless.

You sure you are playing the same game?

559a47e1.jpg

1.6 Ford Focus
It tells you to draft him not overtake. I went for the ek9 in black with bbs rs wheels, got 250+ bhp now and weighs 972kg. Thought the top gear rave with vw vans pointless.

I think the game assumes you did the license test which teaches you about using drafting to overtake before you do the NASCAR school.

I barely did anything on that and was in first place and got gold, it actually happened so quick with so little effort I didn't know what happened.

Swift Sport
For anyone who hasn't previously looked at this thread or can't be bothered to read through 146 pages is there anyone who'd like to give a quick "Good bits and bad bits" about the game, as their first impressions? Plz.

Listerine & Poledo
OK, we should really get with sharing PSN names, get some CS racing on the go.

Hell, we could even spend loads doing up meganes, only to run short for Racing suspension, sell it, and get something a lot slower!

anyone got a problem with that?

If not, shall we?

1.6 Ford Focus
OK, we should really get with sharing PSN names, get some CS racing on the go.

Hell, we could even spend loads doing up meganes, only to run short for Racing suspension, sell it, and get something a lot slower!

anyone got a problem with that?

If not, shall we?

Haha sounds like a laugh actually, CS nurburgring race?

My PSN name is on the left.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Online is working for me now, been hosting a room for the last hour:D

from what i can see you can lock the room to certain types of car, so you can select karts only, f1 only or unrestricted.

it needs an update so you can pass the noob drivers who are all over the track like in prologue;) we won't have that problem on here tho will we;)

oh and btw the veyron shifts,was in my zonda racing one and it was easily pulling on me lol. i want.......