ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Two questions.
  1. Is it good enough to go and spend £350 (ps3, gt5, decent wheel) i will ONLY be playing this game.
  2. Is online better than that hillarious demo game they produced?

I'd wait for DiRT 3. It will be awesome. Some of the trailers and feedback already is superb. Lee has been raving about it, too.

Saying that, this is Gran Turismo, and it's a driving simulator, at heart. Right? I think it's meant to be. With a wheel, the experience will be greatly increased. However, you've still got the poor sound replication and AI being an arse. Always loved Gran Turismo, but I think the fact this has taken so long to arrive has made expectations impossible to deliver in reality. Big shame.

However, in context, and for what it is - a console game - it's no doubt still a bloody good effort.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
went down to my local Game shop with MOH and BO they gave me £16 trade in for MOH and also they said my BO was an import and they couldnt touch it and also said did i get BO from Granger Games cos they deal with Imports, it would of been £33 for BO trade in, so i bought GT5 any way and paid an extra £25 or there abouts. and i popped in Granger games to sell BO and he said £28 trade in or £24 cash so i took the cash. really disapointed about getting less money for BO with it being a import as i got it from Coolshop.

I'm installing GT5 now, make my self a nice cuppa while its getting done

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Exactly. I have no doubt it will have faults. People have adjusted their expectations due to the length of time it's taken. Why?
I'd be surprised if it had more faults than something like f1 for example.
If it's crap I'll try forza with a wheel and maybe get that. Not the end of the world.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
went down to my local Game shop with MOH and BO they gave me £16 trade in for MOH and also they said my BO was an import and they couldnt touch it and also said did i get BO from Granger Games cos they deal with Imports, it would of been £33 for BO trade in, so i bought GT5 any way and paid an extra £25 or there abouts. and i popped in Granger games to sell BO and he said £28 trade in or £24 cash so i took the cash. really disapointed about getting less money for BO with it being a import as i got it from Coolshop.

I'm installing GT5 now, make my self a nice cuppa while its getting done

Amazing story.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
My black ops from coolshop isn't an import. Infact they are distributed from the Uk even though it's a Dutch company so f**k knows what happened to your order.

I've been sat on 40 seconds for 4-5 minutes now. SHOCKING

Facelift R53 Cooper S
The game is ok, but 6 years to develop? I don't think so!

And the karts are stupid! I won, but that's not the point, they're still stupid.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Am I missing something here? On this b licence thing, do I have to pretend to race, offering instructions to my driver? All I wanna do is drive around the 'ring!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Am I missing something here? On this b licence thing, do I have to pretend to race, offering instructions to my driver? All I wanna do is drive around the 'ring!!!

A Spec is you driving, B Spec is AI driving for you

Have you never played a GT game before? Or read the manual? :p

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thought so. Thankfully my brother has the whole wheel/ps3/50inch setup so i'll have to go to his.

Is the ring any good on it? (If someone who has been could answer that question that would be great)

The Ring is up there with all other versions I have played on consoles, having watched this real life video it appears to be accurate.

watch

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So general opinions are mixed then?

Whats the tuning like compared to Forza as the tuning in that game is EPIC.

Similar really. So pretty cool.

I found that Forza's cars are very sensitive to setup, whereas GT's don't really alter that much.

Listerine & Poledo
even with all its faults, GT5 is still superior to the other racing games out there, NFS, Forza Etc.

Just that expectations were built up so high, now that they've not been met it feels like an all-round disappointment

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It looks better than Forza, miles better, infinitely better. But that's it.

It's a pointless argument anyway. Some people prefer GT, some Forza. End.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It looks better than Forza, miles better, infinitely better. But that's it.

It's a pointless argument anyway. Some people prefer GT, some Forza. End.

I actually prefer the lack of tuning, and lack of being able to paint cars.

Was an unneeded distraction with Forza for me

Only gripe I have with GT5 so far is how severely you're penalised on the licence tests when AI drivers bump you

R26
i keep getting told my time and date settings are wrong, but i cant find where you change them? does anybody else have that?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Loving it. Obviously hate doing the license crap but racing is good. Using a pad and getting on really well with it

clio 197 cup
buy a cheap laptop hard drive and swap it over. it shows you in ps3 instructions how to do it. ive got 500gb in mine just needs formatting in the correct way look on net

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
To summarise, good, but not as good as it should be?

Bear in mind the game has been out a few hours, I'd wait till more people have given it serious time before judging.

Probably already covered, buts what's the signature edition all aboot?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
May have accidentally opened my brothers pre-order of GT5. Sitting through the download, then will sit through the install.

*Sigh*.

Fiesta ST-2
Got mine today from tescos had a weird red button on the outside of the case. Thought is this a new design? Couldn't get it open though, so I snapped it off then I realised its a frigging security device connected under the button you push to release the disc! A few kitchen knifes later and I've finally got it out. Thanks a lot tesco tards!

Listerine & Poledo
i keep getting told my time and date settings are wrong, but i cant find where you change them? does anybody else have that?

Yeah, I get that a lot.

go back to the PS3 menu (whatever it's called) > Settings > Time & date > Update via internet
and switch off daylight saving adjustments.

should sort it out

R26
Cheers goodj

Another retarded question, I can't race lol? I can only tell the driver what to do (speed up, overtake etc)

Do I need to get a certain amount of licenses first? Even just for the Sunday cup?

I swear I'm disabled

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cheers goodj

Another retarded question, I can't race lol? I can only tell the driver what to do (speed up, overtake etc)

Do I need to get a certain amount of licenses first? Even just for the Sunday cup?

I swear I'm disabled

You're in b spec?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cheers goodj

I swear I'm disabled

FLOL. Try A-Spec.