ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i cant do the alfa race on grand tour :/

Bet your loosing time on the hairpins right? Just slam your brakes and steer into the corner be as tight into the corner as you can then power, thats what i did and eventually did it, just wait till you do the muricelago lp one

R26
why havent i got a 172 on mine? ive only got 2 renaults... the v6 and 5 door megane.
as you get to higher levels does it unlock more cars or something, cos i havent got half these cars you lot are mentioning on here lol :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
why havent i got a 172 on mine? ive only got 2 renaults... the v6 and 5 door megane.
as you get to higher levels does it unlock more cars or something, cos i havent got half these cars you lot are mentioning on here lol :eek:

Keep looking in used cars

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
as you get to higher levels does it unlock more cars or something, cos i havent got half these cars you lot are mnetioning on here lol :eek:

about level 13 i saw my first 172 and i purchased it aswell in flame red :D but i think the more races you do the better the selection appears in the used car dealership,

DCi
Bet your loosing time on the hairpins right? Just slam your brakes and steer into the corner be as tight into the corner as you can then power, thats what i did and eventually did it, just wait till you do the muricelago lp one
i'm about 2 seconds off the gold pace not sure where.

the night one you mean? tough but i got a silver so far :S will work on it later.

could only bronze the rally but gold the 2 races no problems

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i'm about 2 seconds off the gold pace not sure where.

the night one you mean? tough but i got a silver so far :S will work on it later.

could only bronze the rally but gold the 2 races no problems

2seconds off the gold how? all i managed was bronze LOL,

yee thats the one, i just couldnt see were i was going just following the blue line on the floor next thing tight bend and im off, the main beam on the lights dont seem to be strong enough tho,

1.6 Ford Focus
Possible Glitch!

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I won a Dodge Ram and I just went to do the B-Spec Compact Cup race and its letting me do the race in the Dodge Ram despite it clearly not being a compact car.

Image1105.gif

Image1106.gif

My level 3 B-Spec driver seams to be enjoying power sliding around corners as well.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I bought the wheel from maplins today. Seems good. I'm really getting in to the game. Also if anyone wants an iceberg 172 add Precutduck. One to swap for something interesting ;)

DCi
2seconds off the gold how? all i managed was bronze LOL,

yee thats the one, i just couldnt see were i was going just following the blue line on the floor next thing tight bend and im off, the main beam on the lights dont seem to be strong enough tho,
racing line... cunning i might have to try it.... i learning the first few corners so i could go fast enough to keep up with the next cars brake lights!!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Anyone noticed how slow the Veyron is in the game, i just whoooped it on daytona ring, all i had was a gallardo pushing 561bhp and weight reduction stage 1 :s and it came 11th, hmm

R26
397 bhp
880kg
lsd
fully customisable 6speed (bounces off the limiter at 210 lol)

slightly slower on straights but eats everything in the bends

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
My challengers bhp seems to be going up the more I drive it. As if I'm breaking the engine in.

Did you get it pres?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Why is it when i go online i cant select any cars from my garage except the car im currently using in single player?

Ive tried adding cars to favourites but it still dont work.

Also how the hell do you invite a mate to a game if your in someone elses lobby?

Ok having now spent around an hour or so playing the game I'll give my first impressions. Sound is still abysmal, no two ways about it cars do not sound like their real life counterpart be it the Laguna V6 in the Clio or B series VTEC, K series VTEC in the Honda's. The audio appears to have been supplied by a blender, hedge trimmer or Dyson depending on CC and layout. Some of the cars appear to suffer massively over the top unstable characteristics under braking with a tendency to want to swap ends even with a gentle squeeze of the trigger. Reflections on the standard cars look dumb to say the least and when given closer static attention they do look a bit on the ropey side especially when compared to the premium. Lack of interior view when switching from premium to standard cars is also highly annoying and I still think it's a pisstake given the game has been in production for the last 6 years.

On the plus side when moving the standard cars don't (from a sensible distance) look that bad, it's an issue that becomes less noticeable when you're hacking along at a decent pace focusing on the driving rather than staring at the cars. The physics seem on the whole to be a comfortable step in the right direction from GT5p. The menu's have that familiar GT feel which those of us who grew up playing the previous GT games will know. There looks to be a decent variety of events in there which will hopefully mean playing the single player wont feel too much like you're just grinding to get it over with as in GT4. On the whole while it didn't blow me away or IMO live up to either the hype or the standard it should given it's length dev I will probably end up picking up a copy at some point in the future.

I only played the single player side of the game so didn't get a chance to see what the online side of things is like and only got a chance to play with a pad. Once I get a chance to play with a wheel (hopefully at some point in the next week or so) I'll make my mind up on the physics. Some cars seemed to react oddly but this could be due to the abysmal pad or it's programming so I'll avoid blaming the inconsistencies on the game until I've had a crack with the wheel. I actually really enjoyed the 300SL test on a section of the nurburgring :)

Turkish golded the first 300sl AMG event a second quicker than was needed! To be fair just watching it was awesome!

And he golded the bus race within 3 attempts so I now have the test track unlocked!

I now have ordered two wheels oddly, the £25 Maplin special and the GT Logitech £80 (Argos + £5 gift card back) However I am in possession of neither yet, will send one back but which one lol!

Turkish golded the first 300sl AMG event a second quicker than was needed! To be fair just watching it was awesome!

I reckon there's another second or so at least to be shaved off that time if I was left playing it longer and got the braking points and lines nailed, lol.

350z GT
lol good effort above^^^

anyone done the pickup truck challenge??

i have just built a 500 bhp supercharged F150 Lightning :D lol

Just done the French championship le sarthe race in a standard 172 and surprisingly enjoyed it.

Did question the accuracy of it all though when a s2 rallye came past me at 120mph.

Gearing seems slightly out too, i know i had a gps indicated 138mph out of my ph1 with a good 1k rpm or so to go before it ran out of puff, yet in gt5 it hits the limiter at 141. Small point i know but the comparison was interesting.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Anyone had any problems with the Driving Force GT wheel? Got one here and the f**ker keeps going out of centre whilst in races, and I don't mean a few degrees. It's out by about 90 to 180 degree's within a couple of laps. F**king thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone had any problems with the Driving Force GT wheel? Got one here and the f**ker keeps going out of centre whilst in races, and I don't mean a few degrees. It's out by about 90 to 180 degree's within a couple of laps. F**king thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine's auto centering fine tbh!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It has been working fine on my Bro's ps3, as soon as he brings it here, it throws a paddy. Haven't a clue whats been done differently????

Broken console or broken wheel??? I'm at a loss.