ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gt turbo engine in a clio

172 cup
from what ive heard other then the basic switch over its a case of drilling new holes for subframe, then you just got to find a place for intercooler

ValverInBits
^ are you on about swapping the subframe with it? ^

wasnt aware that a MK1 subframe and a R5 engine were incompatible.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
^ are you on about swapping the subframe with it? ^

wasnt aware that a MK1 subframe and a R5 engine were incompatible.

I was of the impression that the C1J will fit straight into the clio fairly easily, didn't think you had to swap the subframes over at all

Do it mate, fit a side exit so you don't have to play around with an exhaust, set the carb up to run 1bar and you'll see past all standard 1.8 16v's IMO. Just make sure you place the rad and IC in a decent place so they get a good air feed

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
dnt swap the subframes, you need to drill one hole in the clio one to accept the gtt front gearbox mount, remove the suspended clio rear mount and replace with a gtt item, threaded holes already in the subframe for that, done 3 now and the whole lot engine out gtt engine in and wiring adapted and running in under a day

Yep easily less than a day all done. The 5 GTT lump is a proper old school clockwork spark and bog flush fuel so there is almost no wiring to do.

I did a GTT into a Clio 1.2 several years ago now. Went very well indeed!

Cheers
M

d7f

clio 1.2
can anyone post any info on doing this conversion very interested in doing this wat will i have to do with the wiring i have a 1997 ph3 1.2 d7f engine cheers

Corsa Van. Meh.
This is my old one (5 years ago). R5 GTT into mk1 clio. Never had 1 problem with it in the time I had it.

ashleed008.jpg

d7f

clio 1.2
looks sweet m8 did u do the conversion yourself what did you do about wiring and the exhaust any help would be great and how much do you think i should pay for a good engine

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
This is my old one (5 years ago). R5 GTT into mk1 clio. Never had 1 problem with it in the time I had it.

ashleed008.jpg

Sorry to bump the thread, but you guys said its a day swap. What was wiring the engine like, I know I need a fuel reg which I have and to relocate the battery and cooler. Ive sorted the subframe. But I need help on wiring the engine, Ive bought a new loom as the old one was eaten but how much chopping will I need to do to make it suit? Obviously the only electrics I need to change are the engine as brakes, and washers and stuff can stay normal. Do I need an ECU because I'm sure that the 5 doesnt have an ECU. Also this image is now not available can you re load it?