ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grr.... Had to get AA out this morning *PIC*

K20 EG Hatch
Car would not start, had a flat battery for some reason.
I left nothing on in it or owt.
AA bloke says battery passed all tests it was just flat. If it happens again I should just replace the battery.

DSC00187.gif

Megane Mk4
if the AA say it passed all tests then it might be a number of things,

Faulty Altenateur,Loose wire or maybe you have a power drain on the car somewhere, Amp for example? ..

Dont replace the battery just yet ... check it out first :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Or the FREEZIN shitey weather.. lol Could you not wake the rents up and get them to give you a push!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Nice lookig motor mate. reminds me of my first black clio which was lowered with SuperTs.

At least it should be covered by the warranty if its no the battery!!

Be very careful what an AA man tells you about a battery, I bet he had a perfect replacement he could sell you sitting in the back!

K20 EG Hatch
he tested the car with it all locked up and there was nothing going out of the battery 0.0 i actually seen it on his test, so nothing is draining it when its locked up.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Had this happen to me last week on my 172. It's only 3 years old. I took it for a test and it showed up as a knackered cell. It was probably brought on by the cold weather.
If I were you I would get it tested again as an AA man doesn't really know that much otherwise he would be a proper mechanic. With the colder weather looming it can only get worse before it gets better.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yeah aa men are ok but i don't think they are that good...go to a proper garage and get it checked out..

when the aa picked me up with my valver..i told the bloke that my clutch cable had snapped....he then looked under the bonnet and said yes your right your clutch cable had snapped......lol

K20 EG Hatch
hehe lmao at ur comments, think i will take it to have the battery tested properly now though...

how much will a good un cost me to replace it if it is fucked?

Freebone has hot the nail on the head never trust an AA man all they do is tell you to get it checked so they can't be held responsible or pull a load of conectors off and fill your E.C.U's with stored fault. So when someone who knows what they are looking at gets there they have a right mess to sort out..... And the best of it is when the owner comes in the first thing they tell you is what this dimwhit said the fault is.. (rant over)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Same case with mine on Monday morning :(

I spent most of Sunday afternoon cleaning and had the H/U on
I should of learned from my 1st car - did the exact same on the day I bought it :eek: - the cold weather these days wouldn't be helpful either

Dsc00236rz.jpg

Dsc00238rz.jpg

All is great now - apart from the few rattles :clown:

"Navy" N17 TWO
^^ PMSL

Just fold down the seat from inside the car and you can see into the boot when it's closed :)