ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy On Speakers

A well built VW
So right then out of the pioneer range whats the sorts i need to be asking about, some thing like the full code and bits that i need to quote.

If you contact Pioneer they do a renault specific set of components tweeters just drop in no cutting off wires as do the mids

A lot of people used them on the MeggyOwners Forum and all liked them iirc they are around £70-£80 standard

Might be worth a punt and im sure they would consider a good discount with the potential this forum would offer

1) Black-clio-1.4 (Back set)
2) John182rs (Alpine type R's (270w's))
3) S_123 (Alpine Type R Components)
4) Josie172cup - replacement for front and rear to compliment 2 10" subs
5) jackbanny173
6) the_prophet
7)
8)
9)
10)

ITB BG 182
So right then out of the pioneer range whats the sorts i need to be asking about, some thing like the full code and bits that i need to quote.

If you contact Pioneer they do a renault specific set of components tweeters just drop in no cutting off wires as do the mids

A lot of people used them on the MeggyOwners Forum and all liked them iirc they are around £70-£80 standard

Might be worth a punt and im sure they would consider a good discount with the potential this forum would offer
So can you recommend any of the pioneer ones that people might take intrest in? I only know about alpine's speakers at the moment as ive done alot of work with them in the past.

A well built VW
Check out the details here

Available here

Im not going to get drawn into an argument about how it all works it seems to me people want an improvement in sound but at the same time an easy to fit speakers these fit the bill not a big price tag £70 from CAD no wire cutting and just drop in made specially for renault no depth issues either

The guys on meganeownersclub all rate these highly

ITB BG 182
i really do like the look of them aswell.
So who else would not mind a set of these before i start calling round tomorrow?
btsq131cpg9.jpg

Any ideas on this lot people, specially if its no hassel to just throw them in rather than doing with cutting bits a bobs

Clio Billabong 1.2
Dont know a thing about the Pioneers above so i cant say im for those.
Il have to research them a bit and try and find an audio centre which can demo them.

ValverInBits
hmmm. I want to cut bits and bobs. 17cm ftw

Oh well. You guys have fun with the group buy. Best of luck.

Im saving to put a 20v in my Mk1

Arctic blue 182ff
Check out the details here

Available here

Im not going to get drawn into an argument about how it all works it seems to me people want an improvement in sound but at the same time an easy to fit speakers these fit the bill not a big price tag £70 from CAD no wire cutting and just drop in made specially for renault no depth issues either

The guys on meganeownersclub all rate these highly

I'M WITH THIS GUY!! plus they look mint

ITB BG 182
UPDATE + NEED INFO

Right i have just got off the phone with some one at pioneer uk.
I need to know the places that sell the above speakers and which is coming up best or well cheapist to start off with.
The chap will then look at possibly making it more or a better deal for us all on orders above ten people.

ALSO anyone working in an audio place or a company that might be able to take indivual payments then make one bulk payment to them please contact me as soon as possible by pm's

ITB BG 182
well then TS-Q131C's are coming up as £70 brand new an the cheapist discount i could get on them so far is £5. Still not enough in my eyes.
Im just waiting for pioneer to contact me back as they will check with places tomorrow as they have finished for the night now.

ITB BG 182
lowcostcaraudio.co.uk
Im going direct with pioneer now though as they are saying they can beat any given price for us if we all buy in bulk or more than ten sets, considering if 5 people bourght 2 sets then its JD = job done.
its going to be for more then 10sets tho.

Mk2 172
  1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
Pioneer TSE-1302i' - Frequency response - 35 to 40,000 Hz - Sensitivity (1W/1m) - 88 dB <~~~ Bogus

Pioneer TS A172C - Frequency response 35 - 25.000 Hz - Sensitivity (1W/1m) 91 dB <~~~ Cool

The lower the sensitivity, the harder the amp has to work to produce the same wattage at 1 meter

Budget:

http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/pionee...tem-p-799.html

Higher budget.

Pioneer TS E176C - 28Hz-32000Hz

http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/pionee...tem-p-790.html

I have no affiliation, no axe to grind, not part of the group buy, nowt.

Your choice ;)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i'm pretty sure the reason he is going for the ones he picked is because they are slot in replacment for the oem speakers, no faffing about crimping wires excetera just plug and play which seems to be what most are after and i've checked about and for the average consumer they are a good upgrade form standard.

both Dan and Blue are knowledgeable but you are coming at his from an audiophiles POV.
What you see as Sh*tty , the intended target of this group buy would probably really like it.

But if you really insist that the products John is working his ass of to negotiate us a cracking deal on, then whay dont you see if you can track us down a similar deal on something you approve of?

Personally i'm still undecided if i'm in or out, i'm waiting to see what sort of deal pioneer offers john

Writen off dci 100
to be honest though crimping/running new wires in isn't a big job :dapprove:

going to replace all the speaker wire anyway as if reault have used crappy speakers the chances are the wire is not going to be much better..

ITB BG 182
Thank You Jaff87, least some one is thinking about how much running around this takes to get some sort of good offer going.

Blue - thanks for the input by all means but i did ask in the first or second page for peoples advice on whats best togo for and who would want what, 75% of the pms i got and the people i spoke to plus the feedback of this thread, people are just wanting some thing thats the 13cm speaker, that will fit straight in and that they wont be paying an arm and a leg for yet will be getting better quality than oem speakers.

Josie - crimping an running of wire aint a big job, but for those people who dont know how todo it then its some thing different. Im sure some one could do a guide of how to run the wires back and do all the crimping an that.

RS Meg 175
Are the speakers we are looking at getting including tweeters? and will it require us to mount them under the dash? or can they be located somewhere less of a pain in the clacker valve to fit?

Mk2 172
to be honest though crimping/running new wires in isn't a big job :dapprove:

going to replace all the speaker wire anyway as if reault have used crappy speakers the chances are the wire is not going to be much better..

youd never notice a difference running just a headunit and speakers at that price level.

Mk2 172
Are the speakers we are looking at getting including tweeters? and will it require us to mount them under the dash? or can they be located somewhere less of a pain in the clacker valve to fit?

if you go for components mount the tweeters as near to the mids as poss :) not in the original dash position.

A well built VW

The pioneer ones are a doddle to fit just twist off tweeter cover, unplug and plug in new one then refit cover no cutting etc to do doesnt get any easier imho