ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy On Speakers

ITB BG 182
OK i know it sound daft but if a group buy on speakers was to be made which sort of speakers would your lot be most intrested in?
I would say ones for the clio of course being the 5.25" ones.
I am really bored an one of my other GB's are coming to an end so i just want some thing todo an know what people think.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
might be in on this one! not to fussed on brand as long as they aint the paper sh!T that comes as standard

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Some Alpine Type-R's?
Not too bad a price and sound awesome when amped.....
Id be up for it.

ValverInBits
Cleary components. perhaps full sets? front and rear.

Not sure ive got the cash for this tbh

edit: obviously the rears want to be coax

Focal, rainbow or infinity

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
I'd be in on this too if they were simply replacement speakers for the old crappy ones. Not interested if its anything other than just straight swaps though.

Up rocks
Just for reference, most £40 - £50 13cm speakers wont sound much better than the standard paper ones. IMO its worth making an MDF adapter ring to fit 17cm.

Arctic blue 182ff
Just for reference, most £40 - £50 13cm speakers wont sound much better than the standard paper ones. IMO its worth making an MDF adapter ring to fit 17cm.

are you offering to make evryone the adapter...?

if somebody wants to make some money, they should produce the rings and sell em on here, heck if theres enough interest i'll make up a few sets. it really is worth the difference to up to 17cm speakers, and some sound proofing in the doors while your there.

i'd be in for the group buy, but i'd want some type r's or rainbows if its only going to be 13cm.

Clio Billabong 1.2
I would definitely be in. I'm looking into Alpine Type R components at the moment so these would be my choice.
Any ideas on places that would do a bulk sell or was it literally just a random idea?

Mk2 172
if somebody wants to make some money, they should produce the rings and sell em on here, heck if theres enough interest i'll make up a few sets. it really is worth the difference to up to 17cm speakers, and some sound proofing in the doors while your there.

i'd be in for the group buy, but i'd want some type r's or rainbows if its only going to be 13cm.

17cm or 6.5 inch speakers are massively better than 5 inch ones. Almost twice the cone area but are a pig to get in clios. Loads loads more mid bass

Mk2 172
how much are we looking at for components??

You need to be spending 250 + to get a decent set of components. Your buying too many parts for £100 in components. Your buying 6 items!!!!! just think how much has been spent developing each part!!!!

Clio Billabong 1.2
£109.99 from Car Audio Security at the moment.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5770.html

I was just about to email them to ask for a rough estimate each for a bulk buy, but they don't have an email address and I'm going to work in a sec.
Would be interesting to know if anyone wants to call up?

There not great. At that kind of money(around £100 quid) you should be lookin at coaxials and not components.

I've heard them amped in a mates car and they sound extremely good.
I already have Type R coaxials in the back anyway.

think we should get a proper list together of who's defintly in and what we are actually want - coaxials or componenets. theres got to be at least ten so far.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

You can buy the mdf rings off ebay for £2.99

Why not all just buy some SPL Dynamics SD 5.1's:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dynamics-sd52-p-5522.html

Awesome speakers.

Has anyone approached any audio companies for a discount on group buy? If not I would be happy to speak to CAD, Ordered a few grands worth off them in the past.

Up to you guys? No promises.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
spl's, rainbow or type-r 17cm pleeeaaaase!!

what about crystal, focal rockford fosgate or kicker???

ValverInBits
whos in charge of this group buy then? we need a shortlist

Everyone should be saying how much they want to spend.
£60 or 70 for me.

I'd really be interested in a full set BTW. Comps for the front and coax for the rear.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

i was gonna say some rainbows i know the owner of megga watt in runcorn (in the NW) n he said alpine are crap compared to some other less known makes but i do like alpine stuff i could never say a bad thing about them whats stanard in a clio, size wise? diamiter n depth

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
Alpine = 70Hz - 27kHz - ok for mid range I suppose - no bass frequencies reproduced & 86dB sensitivity = rubbish.

SPL Dynamics SD 5.1 50Hz = 22 000kHz - again, no bass frequencies reproduced.

Pioneer TS A172C 35Hz-25000Hz - Much better bass response
http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/pioneer-ts-a172c-17cm-2-way-separate-speaker-system-p-799.html

Pioneer TS E176C - 28Hz-32000Hz - Even better bass response
http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/pioneer-ts-e176c-17cm-2-way-separate-speaker-system-p-790.html

Good luck with your choices.

ValverInBits
Alpine = 70Hz - 27kHz - ok for mid range I suppose - no bass frequencies reproduced & 86dB sensitivity = rubbish.

SPL Dynamics SD 5.1 50Hz = 22 000kHz - again, no bass frequencies reproduced.

Pioneer TS A172C 35Hz-25000Hz - Much better bass response
http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/pioneer-ts-a172c-17cm-2-way-separate-speaker-system-p-799.html

Pioneer TS E176C - 28Hz-32000Hz - Even better bass response
http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/pioneer-ts-e176c-17cm-2-way-separate-speaker-system-p-790.html

Good luck with your choices.

hmm the man has a point. Although I've never heard Pioneers. Always thought of them as chavvy for some reason lol

Writen off dci 100
id be well up for changing all the speakers in my 172cup count me in

does anyone know what to look for when buying speakers