ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy On Speakers

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
Thank You Jaff87, least some one is thinking about how much running around this takes to get some sort of good offer going.

Blue - thanks for the input by all means but i did ask in the first or second page for peoples advice on whats best togo for and who would want what, 75% of the pms i got and the people i spoke to plus the feedback of this thread, people are just wanting some thing thats the 13cm speaker, that will fit straight in and that they wont be paying an arm and a leg for yet will be getting better quality than oem speakers.

Noted :)

MDF rings aren't difficult to fit and the standard wires are fine for non amped drivers. Amps can be added later, the 17's can be adapted to another car down the line .. buy cheap you buy twice .. but whatever you do, pay heed to the db and sensitivity. Every pimply faced youth who's got a job in halfrauds would disagree, obv, but I used to spec near field monitors and the like for small studios and help install massive sound systems in some of the best clubs most people couldn't get get into back in the early 90's when every club wanted bass, and plenty of it. I picked up a few things on the way ;)

peace
x

ITB BG 182
Right the cheapist i am getting at the moment is £61.99, im going to talk to pioneer uk again on monday afternoon an push for £50 per set then people who want 2 sets its an easy £100.

RS Meg 175
Subs wired, amps wired, HU is being ordered these speakers will set me up nicely :)

So these ones can be plugged in using OEM plugs?

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Right the cheapist i am getting at the moment is £61.99, im going to talk to pioneer uk again on monday afternoon an push for £50 per set then people who want 2 sets its an easy £100.

I'd be interested in two sets if you they are discounted as above and are direct replacements for the oem ones with no messing about etc.

ITB BG 182
im not confirming anything at the moment im waiting for pioneer to come back to me on a final price plus postage and also need to find a company that will take all the little payements an send one final payment to pioneer aswell.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
ive been looking just to upgrade the standard fit stuff for more standard fit. ive not had em out n measured but heard they need spacers etc etc etc. i like cars as standard like most but then again love my sound. id love to know the best way to upgrade without ruining the car

ITB BG 182
Right pionner can not beat lowcostcaraudio.co.uk for the prices on the speakers at £64.99 (think i said 61.99 before, sorry).
Just got off the phone to lowcostcaraudio, an they have basically said if we have a group buy the discount in 5% knocking it down to £61.74 per set.
Now the bad news is that this has to be one payment to them for the bulk then need to find some one who will take the bulk stock and send out to people in the indivdual buys, plus also we would all need to chip in some way to pay for the delivery from lowcostcaraudio to who ever is taking stock, And on top of that pay for delivery from there to your own address but obviously paying for yourself on that.

this is the hardest group buy ive done i think.

A well built VW
Buy the time you add all that on its going to wipe out the discount surely i could be wrong but seems a lot of hassle for little or no gain

CAD ones are £69.99 and theeres a code for free delivery somewhere on here that might ork out cheaper

Thanks for going to all the trouble tho John

Last edited:
''MDF rings aren't difficult to fit''

I'm guessing you've attempted this!!

It's a major b**ch of a job mate, I wouldn't bother, first problem - getting this piece of wood the right size, matching up with the metal, cutting the plastic and having to superglue the cover on as you have to remove the tabs.

Standard fitting ones are the way to go!!

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Thanks john182rs for your trouble but I'm out of this group buy just so that you don't include me in the numbers. Cheers anyway.

Writen off dci 100
Thanks john182rs for your trouble but I'm out of this group buy just so that you don't include me in the numbers. Cheers anyway.

me too lol iv just spent my speaker budget well way way over my speaker busget on a 182 manifold decat and suspension lol

but cheers for all the work you've put in john and every one else i really appreciate it :)

ITB BG 182
Personally to save as little as 5% which would be £5 in a £100, i dont see the point. best off going to lowcostcaraudio.co.uk an just buying them.
Was worth a try anyhow.

Any ideas for the next group buy people?

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
''MDF rings aren't difficult to fit''

I'm guessing you've attempted this!!

I'm doing another install this/next weekend. Piece of pi$$.

It's a major b**ch of a job mate

So is taking a house from 'not fit for human habitation' to 'on the market' 'Lectrics, gas, plumbing, plastering, carpentry, bricklaying ...

Easy when you know how.

I wouldn't bother

That might be the case, but why bother trying to put other people off just because you're too ham fisted to do it ?

first problem - getting this piece of wood the right size, matching up with the metal, cutting the plastic and having to superglue the cover on as you have to remove the tabs

I'm never surprised at how often people make work, hard.

Standard fitting ones are the way to go!!

Praise the lord !

Mk2 172
Thank You Jaff87, least some one is thinking about how much running around this takes to get some sort of good offer going.

Blue - thanks for the input by all means but i did ask in the first or second page for peoples advice on whats best togo for and who would want what, 75% of the pms i got and the people i spoke to plus the feedback of this thread, people are just wanting some thing thats the 13cm speaker, that will fit straight in and that they wont be paying an arm and a leg for yet will be getting better quality than oem speakers.

Noted :)

MDF rings aren't difficult to fit and the standard wires are fine for non amped drivers. Amps can be added later, the 17's can be adapted to another car down the line .. buy cheap you buy twice .. but whatever you do, pay heed to the db and sensitivity. Every pimply faced youth who's got a job in halfrauds would disagree, obv, but I used to spec near field monitors and the like for small studios and help install massive sound systems in some of the best clubs most people couldn't get get into back in the early 90's when every club wanted bass, and plenty of it. I picked up a few things on the way ;)

peace
x

Back to the old db and sensitivity thing. Ive doen a bit more research and to be honest those figures that companies produce are near on irrelevant due to the fact that you dont know what they have tested the speakers in( obvously not in a car) and what with( headunit??? amp???, who knows???) and also how they have reached that figure. Too many possibilites for the figures to compare between different manufacturers Theres more to it than u think!!!

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
Back to the old db and sensitivity thing. Ive doen a bit more research and to be honest those figures that companies produce are near on irrelevant

Bull$hit. You clearly know next to nothing about the subject.

It's one thing flogging stuff, Dan, but you've a lot to learn about giving the customer what they want, as well as a lot to learn about the fundamentals of sound reinforcemment in ANY situation; studio, club or (it would seem by your postings) car.

Can't see the point of this thread ..

Advice given = advice disregarded in favour of speakers with an R in the name.

Technical workings out provided in simple terms so people can make their own mind up = people baffled.

Then DanR wades in with her inane quackery, suggesting that all the manufacturers and scientists are wrong and providing the technical specifications of speakers for comparison is pointless .. because DanR doesn't understand the methodology ! Funny as fark !

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
Back to the old db and sensitivity thing. Ive doen a bit more research and to be honest those figures that companies produce are near on irrelevant

Bull$hit. You clearly know next to nothing about the subject.

It's one thing flogging stuff, Dan, but you've a lot to learn about giving the customer what they want, as well as a lot to learn about the fundamentals of sound reinforcemment in ANY situation; studio, club or (it would seem by your postings) car.

Can't see the point of this thread ..

Advice given = advice disregarded in favour of speakers with an R in the name.

Technical workings out provided in simple terms so people can make their own mind up = people baffled.

Then DanR wades in with her inane quackery, suggesting that all the manufacturers and scientists are wrong and providing the technical specifications of speakers for comparison is pointless .. because DanR doesn't understand the methodology ! Funny as fark !

cos of course you work with car audio and in the trade. F**kin dream boat mate!!! I so so wish u could come on a training course cos they would laugh u out of the f**kin room!!! Go back to whatever w**k job you do and stop telling me things about my job that you basically know f**k all about. science is one thing mate but reality and the real world is another. You know nothing about the manufacturing of speakers and what goes on there and how these so called scientific figures are produced. Ive been to FOCAL's factory and JL audios factory and i know for a FACT that these figures can be achieved by creating so many different environments for speakers to make their product seem better than the next persons. Companies that are desperate to print these so called figures are relying on these to sell the product!!! JL dont do it. Focal dont, Genesis dont. Se what im getting at. Its all BULLS**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITB BG 182
so danr and blue answer me one thing seeing as you know alot about speakers... when ya getting married as youd make a lovly couple.

CS Dungeon
With reference to this thread and not DanR (etard) getting owned by a noob.

Why didnt you go for a speaker with a higher markup?

Rainbow, Rockford, Infinity Kappa etc

Higher markup = bigger discount

I'm after some components so will get a price for 10 sets from my mate

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
Jesus, I've just read that from start to finish and I am still no better off!

One quick question for you all. If I get a pair of cheap speaker rings from ebay, will the 6 1/2" speakers fit behind the standard door card?

I think I am going to go for DanR's recommendation for the rears and blue's front recommendation if they will fit behind the doors.

Cheers
G

ITB BG 182

I got a quote from alpine with about £65 off a price of the R range and even more off the X range of speakers. I got a 20% discount from rockford, 15% from infinity and loads more from other people on ordering 10 sets.
The thing is people dont want to pay above 100-150 quid on speakers for the clio, yea if some one said to me John rockford do some good speakers mate, then i would have put up rockford.
I asked for peoples advise and what THEY would want to go for or most likly want, i just followed what people wanted.

ITB BG 182
So have you stuck with the originals then John? Or have you replaced with the original size?
Well rockford was able tog ive me a bit of a discount considering i was buying from there warehouse on some speakers for he rears, im looking at another set possibly rockford for the fronts with components.

What blue and dan r have said is all well and good but no one on here really gives a damm about ratings of this that an the other, people just want a nice to good set of speakers that aint going to sound s**t yet that they wont cost the earth to buy, and sorry lads i know you were trying to help people but 80% of what you said no one understood. it would be like me talking about gardening with the quality of soil to the mixture of other substances with the effect that under laying sand stone to concrete and clay has on your garden, ie it dont intrest you and you dont know so anything said will go over your head.

CS Dungeon

I got a quote from alpine with about £65 off a price of the R range and even more off the X range of speakers. I got a 20% discount from rockford, 15% from infinity and loads more from other people on ordering 10 sets.
The thing is people dont want to pay above 100-150 quid on speakers for the clio, yea if some one said to me John rockford do some good speakers mate, then i would have put up rockford.
I asked for peoples advise and what THEY would want to go for or most likly want, i just followed what people wanted.

Yeah I know where you are coming from John, personally I dont want to spend over £100 on the 172 either.
Think I am going to go for http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1385.html

Mate has 2 sets in his Evo and they sound great over OE. Granted my hearing probably isnt the best, but who's is?

A well built VW
So have you stuck with the originals then John? Or have you replaced with the original size?
Well rockford was able tog ive me a bit of a discount considering i was buying from there warehouse on some speakers for he rears, im looking at another set possibly rockford for the fronts with components.

What blue and dan r have said is all well and good but no one on here really gives a damm about ratings of this that an the other, people just want a nice to good set of speakers that aint going to sound s**t yet that they wont cost the earth to buy, and sorry lads i know you were trying to help people but 80% of what you said no one understood. it would be like me talking about gardening with the quality of soil to the mixture of other substances with the effect that under laying sand stone to concrete and clay has on your garden, ie it dont intrest you and you dont know so anything said will go over your head.

John you did a good job its just as always with GB they are never worth the hassle

I think im gonna save and get one of these
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4581.html
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/diamond-audio-d151-p-6034.html
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dls-b5a-p-5114.html

And yeah I never understood much off what those two guys where prattling on about either ;)