ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenstuff vs Mintex xtreme?

Roadster Coupe
I'm after a set of brake pads and not sure what to get. I've heard diff opinions for both of the pads. Which is the best to get tho greenstuff or the mintex xtreme? i'm just after something better than standard pads. i dont drive that fast but want something which has more bite than the renault pads.

Black-Gold 182
either will do if you're after better stopping power. I'm running Mintex Extremes with EBC grooved discs - there are stories of the Mintex squeeling, but I've had no problems with them - guess it's cause I took it good and steady to "break" them in (no punn intended!)
It's all a matter of opinion - probably nothing in them really - you'll get 5 people saying green stuff, and 5 saying Mintex. Go with whichever you can get cheapest, is my unbiased opinion.

Renaultsport Clio 182
EBC have different colour ratings for their pads.

Greenstuff are for road use which work well from cold and will be better than the standards.

Redstuff are for fast road use with the occasional track use.

Yellowstuff are aimed at track day users i believe becasue they need a higer operating temperature for best effect.

i've heard others mention Mintex and they seem to be decent. The other name i hear alot about is the Ferodo DS2500's which are supposedly very good

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I have greenstuff pads with HC brembo discs and the intital bite is very good, work very well from cold. I think they are an improvement over standrad for sure.

Not pushed this set up to the limit yet so can't comment on that.

Once I breacked from 110 mph to 0 in a hurry lol and the standard setup completly failed (faded) for the last 30 mph. And when I say fail I mean no breaking at all! scared me lol

Megane Trophy
The squel isnt due to the pad at all its becuase the pad is too tight in the caliper

Ive got mintex 1155 on mine and there great.

Just file a bit of the top and bottom edge where they sit in the caliper and copper slip these so they are free to move around