ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenstuff pads from EuroCarParts

PH2 172
Just looking on ECP for rear pads, item description states:
"EBC BRAKE PADS (GREENSTUFF) CITROEN/PEUGEOT/RENAULT
EBC Performance Pads - Rear" part number 929545296.

Are these the correct ones, they're about ~£5 cheaper than anywhere else and free deliver or I can pick up locally, but there's no EBC part number to check they're the correct ones. The front pads also look very cheap at £28 + VAT so I'm just a little concerned they're the correct ones.

Anyone ordered these from ECP before?

Renaultsport Clio 182
Greenstuff pads are sh!te mate - i wouldn't bother to be honest. Redstuff would be a better choice but the rears dont do much of the braking so standard Renault pads will be fine

PH2 172
Greenstuff will be fine on the rear, Renault want £44 and 'unbranded' ones are normally about £20 anyway - so it's only £8 extra and I can pick them up locally when I need them.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I just went with OE rear Pads from ECP cos as stated they will probably be better and last longer aswell,

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
As said, they're awful! I've got em on the front atm. Crap when cold, better when warm but after about 2 harsh presses on the pedal they fade!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
no probs with my greenstuffs tbh, just road use though + i got them cheap

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah exactly, its pretty much common knowledge that they arnt great on the track but if its just for road use there great plus cheap.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have them on the Front and I most definitely will not be be Buying them again :(

Pagid Blue's for me Next I'm think

Clio 172 FF
I have only had bad experinces with green stuff, they seem to take ages to heat up and thus not very good on public roads.

Std pads are perfectly fine for normal road cars imo

RB 182
If your heavy on the brakes then I'd look at something else mate. They were great at first as I wanted to bed them in, once back to normal driving they fade quite a bit!