ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Rubber spring seats

Clio 182 Trophy
Just removed the old rear springs from my new to me 182 to find there are only rubber spring seats at the top, none at the bottom. Is this correct as seems odd to me. If this is the case are the bottom ones a separate part number from the top as they must be a different design. I will need to order new all round as top ones have also seen better days.

Would also like to know the best place to order these from that can deliver quickly.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 7700BC96-1025-4E99-9619-8A955D719D68.jpeg
    7700BC96-1025-4E99-9619-8A955D719D68.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 106
  Clio 182 Trophy
Thanks for the offer but ordered some last night. Slightly shocked at the price of them!

The reason I asked the question though is if you look at my pic, a previous owner has bolted something to the spring seat. It’s quite large & annoyingly my fancy new Mark fish springs won’t fit :( or the rubber seat. Sod’s law the bolt holding it from underneath is a 9mm hex of which I don’t have the socket for. Have ordered one but not fancying my chances of actually getting it off as it’s looking pretty
A3E69FE3-9A9E-4A99-8B7C-5E23CD04AAFE.jpeg
old & rusty.

I’m also concerned as to why it’s been added in the first place.... Pulled a set of ktec dampers of the back & no idea what the springs were as totally rusted with only a black bit left on them. Any thoughts appreciated as I’m stuck until I get this sorted.

Clio 182 Trophy
Thanks. That makes sense. If I get it off will the seat underneath still have the raised bump needed to hold the spring in place or when these things are fitted is the bump grinded down to create a flat surface?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. That makes sense. If I get it off will the seat underneath still have the raised bump needed to hold the spring in place or when these things are fitted is the bump grinded down to create a flat surface?

It should still be there, that thing will be hollowed out inside to accept the raised bump.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
How much was the new rubber spring seat if you don't mind saying . Also is it off eBay ?