ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GREENLIGHT INSURANCE - WITHDRAWL OF SUPPORT FOR CLIOSPORT

ClioSport 182
ah right, so the price that i got quote for to start end of august isnt possible.. will there be much of a difference?

Maz

LY 200
Is this because of the thread Martin started, I asked how long his policy had left to run this am, went to work, came back thread gone and now this ?

Seems a bit harsh that ALL club members have lost out if thats the case :(

Abarth 500 Essesse
there were some completely unacceptable comments made to the guys from greenlight by a small minority of people and i can understand them not wanting to be associated with forum users who give them abuse just for trying to help

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
Hey please dont get me wrong im not defending anyone that made comments in the thread as I didnt see it so couldn't, im saying that its a shame ALL members have to lose out because of other peoples unacceptable behaviour :(

Abarth 500 Essesse
the last thing i was trying to do was cause offense sorry if it came across that way and yeh its a shame i was waiting til i was 21 and was going to go with them, may still do if the price is right, just disapointed that a select few have to ruin it for everyone

Mazda MX5 1.8
i wonder if ktec will go crying home to mummy due to the abuse they get of their products

oh well up to the individual "decision makers" i suppose.......makes no odds to me as i moved away from them after year 1 due to a frankly rubbish renewal quote (as is always the way with renewals it seems).

A4 Avant
Maybe their name being dragged through the mud and being abused wasn't worth the hassle for the extra business they get from here?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
shame greenlight have pulled out of CS. I got an excellent price for insurance on my ST170, approx £400 cheaper than anyone else. They also quoted me the same price on a 172.

Hopefully the CS admin and GL management will be able to come to some sort of an arrangement in the future, as from my experiance they are a great company to deal with. You speak to an enthusiast even when you get a quote, not an asian keyboard monkey which counts for alot in my eyes.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You gotta take the rough with the smooth though and anyone who thinks they will please everyone all the time is delusional. Seems a bit harsh pulling out and maybe like the were looking for a chance to me. Just seems disproportional to the incident imo

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I've no idea whats going on here...as I've been in work.

Could someone fill me in, here??

172 Cup

I assumed you'd been made aware.

Several comments, by one particular individual, were said against Neil/Greenlight. A couple of the comments in particular were.. how shall I say this.. colourful and suggestive to say the least. As the thread literally erupted so quickly and as couple of mods were deleting the offensive posts Neil decided he'd had enough of the forum and this thread was posted shortly after.

ITB BG 182
basically some one complain that GL had done some thing wrong an every one jumpd on the band wagon of calling them some horrible words but it was mainly down to one member not getting the full facts then slamming the phone down on the said GL staff member.
The people at GL did appoligise when they have not done anything wrong because the said cs member bourght it on to a public forum an made it well public.

As Griff as said....

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
basically some one complain that GL had done some thing wrong an every one jumpd on the band wagon of calling them some horrible words but it was mainly down to one member not getting the full facts then slamming the phone down on the said GL staff member.
The people at GL did appoligise when they have not done anything wrong because the said cs member bourght it on to a public forum an made it well public.

As Griff as said....

I think maybe you should'nt comment on things you know nothing about.

Maybe this should be a locked sticky to prevent it turning into a witchhunt or argument?

ITB BG 182
i read the whole thread before it got deleted with all the slagging going back an forth an people basically doing a "witch hunt" on green light when the full facts was not gather'd.

Im staying away from this thread from now as people are getting tense with it.
How ever i would like to say that im more than happy with greenlight insurance an will gladly re-new with them again next year, cheers lads keep up the good work.

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
Neil was helpful to me in the past and very willing to give advice. I didnt go with them in the end but that was my choice.

In my dealings with several members through group buys etc I know how awkward and unrealistic some people on here are.

It's a shame!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

I assumed you'd been made aware.

Several comments, by one particular individual, were said against Neil/Greenlight. A couple of the comments in particular were.. how shall I say this.. colourful and suggestive to say the least. As the thread literally erupted so quickly and as couple of mods were deleting the offensive posts Neil decided he'd had enough of the forum and this thread was posted shortly after.

It's happened in the past too Griff, Neil has said once before he didn't want to post on the forum after being abused by members, spose this is the straw the broke the camel's back.

so just to confirm... existing Greenlight customer's will not be effected by this come renewal time?

I've sent Neil a PM with my details as advised by Tony.

172 Cup
Just to confirm this user - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?u=30735 "David@greenlight" is NOT connected with Greenlight in any way at all.

It is infact the same childish individual that was throwing their toys out the pram earlier today. If anyone received a PM from him under the illusion it came from Greenlight please let me know.

As if they hadn't caused enough trouble today...

Cam

182 Cup
Ive not had a problem with Greenlight, saved me £250!

PM sent to Neil with my details.

Chelsea tractor
I got a quote from greenlight when I almost bought a 172 a few months ago - it beat the next best by about £300!

Shame that one individual spoilt it for the many... :(

Maz

LY 200
Just to confirm this user - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?u=30735 "David@greenlight" is NOT connected with Greenlight in any way at all.

It is infact the same childish individual that was throwing their toys out the pram earlier today. If anyone received a PM from him under the illusion it came from Greenlight please let me know.

Im not suprised this has happend if people have gone to the extent of making fake accounts, this place just gets worse and ALL members suffer for it :dapprove:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Ban them prehaps?

172 Cup

Ban them prehaps?

I hadn't thought of that.... :rolleyes:

ITB BG 182
give them all a warning even if it does include me as its part of the ClioSport rules is it not for bullying?

Shhh
Ive read through the thread.

Tbh i dont care if they leave or not. Were there customers..

They are a broker and they need commision to operate, to get this they need customers.

Obviously from this thread you can see that a varied amount of people have car insurance with them. I think that members on here would of gone with them due to the small discount they gave on the policies.

If they want to end it, then fair be it.

Its back many of the other insurance companies that are competative such as confused.com etc.

As for me, i managed to get my insurance cheaper with adrian flux for the 2nd year running.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I'd like to add a thank you to Greenlight at least for offering the concession to start with and for being helpful when I have dealt with you in the past.

My exact view - Neil helped me throughout my quote as I purchased the car 3 months before I was insuring it, and planning it for months before - We done dummy quotes for every scenario and ultimately I bouth the 172 because of Neils superb help.

I do try and help out members where possible if they have queries or problems and it can be hard at times as members seem to "have a go first and think second".

I always try and help out where possible but im not going to give my time to come on and get abused, slated and accused of things when im only trying to help.

I refered the complaint raised by a few members on a thread posted by one of our customers to the senior partner. To avoid any futuer complaints or issues caused by my posts Greenlight are now withdrawing the cliosport scheme.

Thanks to all the guys who have been poilte and welcoming to me over the years but as of today i will no longer be active on this forum.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

And Thank you very much Neil - you were a wonderful help and Im eternally greatful for the gesture to continue the discount and I am realy saddened to hear thap people resort to this sort of thing.

CB600FS
quite frankly this is forum up there as one of the most abusive forums we have ever encountered.

Well done the select few... :nono:

Shame really I'd only ever heard good things & cheap quotes from them and seen Neil be as helpful as possible in the threads about GL.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ive read through the thread.

Tbh i dont care if they leave or not. Were there customers..

They are a broker and they need commision to operate, to get this they need customers.

Obviously from this thread you can see that a varied amount of people have car insurance with them. I think that members on here would of gone with them due to the small discount they gave on the policies.

If they want to end it, then fair be it.

Its back many of the other insurance companies that are competative such as confused.com etc.

As for me, i managed to get my insurance cheaper with adrian flux for the 2nd year running.

I think you have a fair point.

tbh, the abuse and withdrawing from the forum are to sperate issues. In my view greenlight have been advertising on here for free..... havent so much as paid the membership fee. The abuse is not accpetable to any memeber or user.

I would never insure with Greenlight because of the highway issues, but neil did seem helpful. They've never managed to match Aplan for me anyhow on the couple of occasions ive talked to them. The policies are also quite restrictive unless you meet certain criteria.

As a broker they will do there utmost to get the business so the discount has always seemed a little irrelevent to me....

the people setting up fake accounts should be banned, the accounts closed.

And Greenlight, why let some mindless idiots ruin your reputation on here, in my eyes id stand strong in the face of such idiocy and show them whos the better man.

Spitting your dummy out is not punishment for these idiots, by pulling out you've given them exactly what they wanted.

I suggest Greenlight staff should report the said members to Admin, these members should then be banned forever for this upset.

Many companys on here are advertising for free, us included, but i like to think im a member first, trader 2nd. Greenlight must have so many policys to thank for joining this forum, it will be a shame for everyone if they withdraw their support.

This is coming from another trader who wont let mindless comments affect my business.

I hope you read this with serious consideration, people always make rash decisions in the heat of the moment, but no-one on here will think any less of you if you come back to the fold.

Russel

Suzuki SV650
I have kinda missed whats happened, so I can't say much... except for; I myself have had nothing but good service from Greenlight, ok so I'm only into my 1st year with them, but they beat other ins. quotes by miles, I've never had to wait ages on the phone with them and they all know what they are talking about and always clear up any query (silly or not) that I have.

I hope those that already have discounts can continue to enjoy these with Greenlight, as loyal customers, as for the rest, well, tis a shame that a select few have messed it up for them.