ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenlight & 172 Cups?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Don't insure them. Get a ph1 same, only 15kg heavier, and easier to insure. Plus cable throttle mmmmmmmm.

Clio 172 Cup
Don't insure them. Get a ph1 same, only 15kg heavier, and easier to insure. Plus cable throttle mmmmmmmm.

Why is a cable throttle such an advantage?not a challenge but a question. everyone says that a throttle cable is better (even this months performance french cars mag) but why are they better?

tom

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The response is quicker, and the power delivery feels different. My ph1 feels like an animal compared to my ph2's.

Clio 172 Cup
is it noticeably quicker to respond then? is it true that a fly-by-wire throttle can override what you do with your right foot? i read somewhere that say for example you were driving up a steep hill at 20mph in 5th that the computer on the car would ignore you flooring the accelerator pedal?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Driving my 106 Cable and corsa FBW, i'd say it was almost dangerous, corsa had a very noticeable delay before opening up.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Thats really starnge if greenlight don't insure 172 cups but they insure my 172 engined mk1?!