ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greatest sounding machines.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Just for a bit of fun Let’s see your nominations for greatest sounding machines.
It can be anything from cars, bikes, planes, trains or anything that is powered by an engine.

My nominations below is the mighty Rolls Royce/Packard V12 variants of engine fitted to some of the Allies World War 2 aircraft.

Nothing can quite compare to these when they are being wound up to max chat.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Growing up we were lucky enough to have the Vulcan fly low over our house a few times. That noise will stay with me forever and the only plane to make the windows rattle in their frames.
The video won’t do it justice. But if you know, you know.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
The Driftworks AE86 makes me go all sweaty, also, this small clip of an R34 GTR makes my widge tingle. TBH I saw a Vulcan in person a few years back and the afterburner was one of the loudest things I've heard, crazy.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Audi S1 or 787b.

I'm a massive fan of military jets too, really miss the noise off the Tornado GR4.

Feel privileged to have seen them fly past with swept wings at the Mach Loop on numerous occasions.

What a sight and what a sound!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Not got a video and totally biased but I love the sound of my Triumph Daytona 675 with TOR exhaust

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I’m surprised by the lack of motorcycles at the moment.

Got to say I’ve always loved the 6R4 sound and the Audi Quattro S1.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Videos dont do them justice, genuinely one of the most incredible sounds and sights i have ever seen.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those Vulcan noises are hair tingling. The LFA for me is the finest. Non modded V10, it has that perfect almost V12 F1 squeal but without the heavy pitch. A perfect car.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lest we forget how good F1 *used* to sound....

5min 25sec, you get the more modern car that sounds great and then the one from the 90's just trumps it, not only in sound but looks. The early 90's was a special time in F1, the cars looked great.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lots of great sounding machines in here already!

Personally if I had the money I'd get a Lexus LFA and drive that daily, everywhere, all the time.

How does a company peak and dip so quick with just one car? ha ha ha