ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Great Service on 172

Hi

Just got back from Mike172sports place. He carried out a 36k service, changed the waterpump and replaced the cambelt.

Im not sure whether anyone read my previous thread a couple of days ago about my 172 and how it was sounding like a diesel but Mike changed the water pump and its now perfect. He didnt even charge me for it.

I must say he did a great job he certainly does know his stuff he knows where every screw and bolt is. It didnt take too long either considering he did the 36k and the cambelt :)

So thanks Mike, I would recommend him to all.

Also no other place could beat his costs ;)

yeah I know mate, I was lucky and watched him do the whole job and its quite a tricky job to do but I was very impressed with how he did it.

I thought it was great when he replaced my waterpump free of charge.

I remember a few peoples 172 were sounding really rough its well worth checking the waterpump out as if it goes your engine will go bang.

Mike reckons my water pump would of lasted 1 more month until it would of died :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 01 July 2005

how much did he charge for that?
The whole lot cost £500 that included 36k service, Water pump and Cambelt.

I thought it was a very good price considering I got quoted £449 for Cambelt and £360 for 36k service also the waterpump would cost at least £60 + 2 hours labour thats all excluding VAT.

I got to watch everything as well which was very interesting its such a complicated job.

The engine sounds lovely now and its so smooth, i am very happy now :D

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower

i had a new pump fitted also. sounds as if i had the same symptoms as you.

cost me £350 for the pump and cambelt change

it does cost to have the belt changed but i see it as an insurance policy.

i dont like four figure repair bills and it sounds like a few early 172 are suffering from this fate !

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 01 July 2005

Portsmouth, Hampshire.

Did his old mans dog attack you as well Mark?
lol yeah the dog started grawling at me, mad dog.

If you need to contact him send him a pm to Mike172sports. He is a busy man he normally comes online in the evening.

Quote: Originally posted by mgoode180566 on 01 July 2005

i had a new pump fitted also. sounds as if i had the same symptoms as you.

cost me £350 for the pump and cambelt change

it does cost to have the belt changed but i see it as an insurance policy.

i dont like four figure repair bills and it sounds like a few early 172 are suffering from this fate !

Mine sounded like a diesel and like something was grinding. How old is your car?

I know what you mean about not wanting a 4 figure repair bill. I didnt need my cambelt to be changed until next year but seeing that I would of spent the money in a years time anyway I might as well get it all done now.