ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got Low!

BMW Z4
Well, after Four months (approx) of having my springs on my car i decided the back needed to go lower :rasp: As you can probably tell it is silly low but wot does everyone think? let me know if you can guess what has gone wrong aswell because this was NOT!! meant lol, D_mason & brembo keep hush because you know whats happened!
IMG00005-20090120-1223.jpg

IMG00007-20090120-1224.jpg

IMG00008-20090120-1224.jpg

Only had my phone camera so not the best pics!
Let the guessing games begin lol

White APE
You even got any rear springs in? LOL thats stupidly low. Bet thats a hard ride too.

wait and see ;)
boot full of stone or some substance?? collapsed shockers? unbolted the shockers? no springs?

Never above 25mpg
Bet the female passengers enjoy you driving up and down the cobbled street...

About as useful as an ice cream to an Eskimo though...

alien green rs133
one of your springs dont work no more as passenger side lower than driverside this makes me think its only failure on one side

BMW Z4
springs snapped/fell out?
Well done matey lol, but only the passenger side :S. My exhaust is making a rattle at the catylic converter and my freind jacked her up to have a look not knowing that when he put it down again my spring had slipped to an angle and a day of driving the spring fell out 20 min job to put it right again.He has a jap car and when he looked at it thought my strut had snapped but then realised the strut is intfront of the spring and not in the middle.
was a VERY rough drive everywhere the smoothest road and i was hitting my head of the roof just about made myself a sunroof

alien green rs133
HAHA i really dont reccomend it as every LITTLE bump and i felt like i was gonna be sick lol. does look good thought no space between the arches:evil:

how the back end of mine sits when i fill both fuel tanks
lpg lowering ftw :D

"Navy" N17 TWO
You best keep this quiet or pikey lowering could take off.

Chavs got done last weekend up the town by the Police's on-the-spot MOT unit.
Just drove up to where all the "boy/girl racers" hang out and had a field day.

Bora's, Astra's & Toledo's with no/cut springs - some weren't even allowed to drive home lol

alien green rs133
typical my car pikey lowered itself today

ride was dead bumpy and wheels into arch :S

both rear -40mm springs broke :S

18189064a9923962772o.jpg

18189064a9923962833o.jpg

put car on lift and the springs fell out

so i replaced them with prolines :D

Last edited:
  TTRS & V50
Chavs got done last weekend up the town by the Police's on-the-spot MOT unit.
Just drove up to where all the "boy/girl racers" hang out and had a field day.

Bora's, Astra's & Toledo's with no/cut springs - some weren't even allowed to drive home lol

That made me laugh, never knew there was such a thing.

BMW Z4
wot a coinsodence(sp) it is one hell of a bumpy drive eh? coilovers trust me if i get a new job with good wages im sellin the springs and getting coilovers!

alien green rs133
wot a coinsodence(sp) it is one hell of a bumpy drive eh? coilovers trust me if i get a new job with good wages im sellin the springs and getting coilovers!

i still had some springs but not much lol

and my rear shocks are useless so yeah bumpy!!!!!

might get coilovers for easter :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
hutchie, you got your clio converted to LPG? Its a 1.2 isnt it? Bet you fill up twice a year lol

alien green rs133
hutchie, you got your clio converted to LPG? Its a 1.2 isnt it? Bet you fill up twice a year lol
once a bloody week, and i only work 3 miles from home, go figure, blasting to work when car still in cold start map is bad for fuel consumption :mad:

and my car will be on coilovers asap
andone recomend a stiff rear setup (extra weight an all)

cheers hutchie