ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a treat for you...Speedo Vid :)

Burbler
Just a K-tec IK with relocation and SS Peco cat back

Its lowered somewhere between 35-60mm aswell, springs were 2nd hand so i'm not exactly sure!!

I was trying out my 4 spanky new GSD3's :) Superb

ST
Jus be careful when giving new tyres some stick mate...they generally take around 200-300 miles maybe more to get to their optimum grip level...

Burbler
Yea I could feel that, so didn't push them all the way, they can definately take more abuse. I did about 100miles on them that day

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not bad, looks nippy, 9-10 secs to 60 i counted.

think mine pulls thru the revs a bit faster but could be all in my head, you notice much difference when you fitted your exhaust? apart form noise obviously!

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
How did you get the camera to stay still? How did you mount it?

Also sounds really nice dude!

Adam

Burbler
Martin - Really can't remember to be honest mate.

I'm not sure if it was after doing the exhaust or the IK that it revved higher it only seemed to go to about 5.8 before whereas now it'll go to about 6.2 before it hits the limiter?

Hell of a lot more noise though definately!!

What has yours got?

Rich

Mazda MX5 1.8
nice! :) certainly makes a change.......

looks pretty quick actually! cant say ive ever watched my rev counter/speedo so cant really compare

Burbler
Adam - Its a flip phone so had my hand at the top of the wheel holding the top of the phone with my thumb & first finger, nice flat straight road helped :)

Burbler
tut tut.. don't watch your speedo? ;)

Cheers for all replies, thought it would be different to have a 1.2 vid for everyone :D

Rich

Burbler
Thanks for all the positives!

Was half expecting alot of - "whats the point?" kind of comments!

Shes not a bad young lady to be honest, i'm happy with the performance until the insurance is better for me on a 172

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Theres always a point mate.I use to own a fiat 126 bis when i first passed my test.I shared it with my mum,and i took every turn to get it on 3 wheels.Believe me theres always a point when you can grin after...

ian

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
the the k-tec relocation make a big difference? i have a iccle 1.2 16v also :D £54 just seems expensive for a bit of metal pipe :p

Burbler
^ thanks!

And I got the filter and pipe at the same time for £59 2nd hand, it had only been used for about 3 months!! so I don't know what it is like on its own, I did have to cut the pipe in half though as it was for a pre '04 engine layout and mine is post change so it's not behind the grille like it should be

Oh and i'd recomend a metal gauze filter to any 1.2's (not sure what there like performance wise, but its not really worth seeking power on the little engine imo) and the metal gauze gives a nice little 'pssst...' when sucking hard :)

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
so does no air filter at all :D tiny little engine working its socks off! they're quicker than sxi's and stuff from standard as i've found out!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
? Howz that possible!!! I had relocation, zorst and decat on my 1.2 and best 0-60 recorded was a 11.2sec, and a 18.0 1/4 mile!

Were you on a hill the size of K2?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Ali said:
? Howz that possible!!! I had relocation, zorst and decat on my 1.2 and best 0-60 recorded was a 11.2sec, and a 18.0 1/4 mile!

cos you're great. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Burbler
Ali said:

Nope, no lie - it's a completely straight and flat road, with a couple of nice chicanes in it, mines just a beast i'm affraid :cool:

You had bigger wheels though didn't you?

That time looks about the same on my stop watch as the other one?

have to say though that speedo vids are no where near as accurate as normal 0-60 times and should be taken with a pinch-of-salt..... ;) they always seem to be faster...lol ;)

Simon

Monaro VXR
Ok maybe my memories of my 1.2 are wrong but im sure mine was quicker...admittedly it didnt have backseats etc but thats not the point.

and that vts is rather quick.

BMW M135i
Your memories aren't far wrong, i've got a full interior and two amps and a sub to weigh me down. I had all the rear seats out and most of the rear interior out when I redid all my wiring for my second amp and it was notably quicker stripped especially in 3rd, was quite tempted to leave it like it but I like my sounds and backseat passengers so back in it went.

top of the pyramid
not having hardly any petrol will help as well ;)

we'll have those 2ltr boys/girls some day in our 1.2s ;)

Citroen Saxo VTS
OLI said:
neil, your vts seems bloody rapid!

Cheers mate, yeah it's not bad. Still getting used to it though as i've just had it cammed/remapped so drives different to when standard(power is further up the rev range)& it's hard to get used to the 7800rpm limit.