ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got a problem chaps

i thought my clutch bearing had gone so ive replaced it as well as the clutch but when i roll up to a junction put my foot on the clutch and put it into gear it cruches. why is this ?

many thanks p carr

Aint clutches all self adjusting these days?

Did you change the clutch yourself? Do you know how to aline it and have all the tools??

I would say the cluch fitment could be at fault

I dunno never looked at the clutch cables on your type clio.... But they normally self adjusting, you just put em on and thats it... To me it sounds like the clutch is not disengaging right....

ok mate will do.

the thing is it was doing it before i changed the clutch and bearing thats why i did them plus the bearing was noisey too i just cant under stand it:confused:

Clio RS 200

Might have a stretched clutch cable or a worn cable outer causing the clutch to not disengage properly. As the auto ajuster can only ajust for so much.

But then again i may be wrong.:)

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Which gear does it crunch in? 1,2,3,4,5 or reverse?

If it only crunches in ONE gear, the most likely cause will be the synchohub /baulk rings on that gear. If its all gears, then its probably a clutch related fault. Is the clutch "biting" point on the floor or near the top of the clutch travel?

If its only one gear, then the box will have to be removed, stripped and faulty parts replaced. Not a home job as there are too many spacial tools required to repair it.

Hope that helps

Bob RTE

Skoda Fabia vRS

tried changing the gear box oil ?.........or adding an additive like Molyslip(GB version) to it ?

Yeah brun tried the oil still the same it only dose it in first gear. But i have notest my clutch is trying to adjust all the time now the clutch drops to the floor and you can hear the ratchat working but im not sure its working right as the clutch seems to bite in the same place :confused: unless the clutch ratchat is not working right ?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Sounds like the self adjusting ratchet teeth on the clutch padal maybe worn out. You say the clutch pedal goes to the floor, is this without any resistance being felt in the pedal? If you reapply the clutch, does it then work. A loud clicking noise (several clicks all at once) when pressing the clutch will be the pedal ratchet.

Hope that helps.

If its only first gear though, it maybe the synchrohub/baulk rings worn.

Bob RTE

Yeah bob it gose to the floor and then the ratchet works then the clutch pedal is back to normal ive a feeling its the ratchet.

Thanks for the help chaps :D

Pcarr

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

You will have to buy a whole new pedal assembly (comes as a kit). Not a difficult home job, just a bit fiddly due to the location of the pedal! Make sure you have a good look at the old pedal setup before you remove it. You will get a pedal, two arms, two shims, spring and a new clip but no new pedal rubber!

I think they are about £29.00 - but I could be wrong.

Bob