ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a lovely little Clio for christmas, but what model is it?

Seat Leon 184
Got a lovely little silver clio today for christmas today and i love it to bits its my first car!

According to the garage we got it from its a 2001 1.2 Dynamique but every insurance company said it was a sport.
Just took it for a spin and it seems really nippy for a 1.2 it flies off the mark!

The only sign of it being something other than a 1.2 dynamique is a badge on the back saying "TNW" where the Renault badge would be. The paperwork is also all in german which slightly confuses me! This is the only pic ive got so far ill get another one in a bit, anyone got any idea what the TNW could stand for?
1F4YY.png

04BGFF182CLIORS
Im guessing TNW is just another special edition they did. Get a snap under the bonnet so we can see whats in there. Bare in mind anything will seem fast when it's your first car!

Merry Christmas!

S4 Avant
TNW is a new one on me.

They did do some models of clio which were a "sport" but entirely different from the RenaultSport brand.

Fiesta ST-2
Yeah any car seems fast when you first start driving. I remember moving from a 1.2 8v to 1.2 16v, felt like a rocket at the time lol

Seat Leon 184
Im guessing TNW is just another special edition they did. Get a snap under the bonnet so we can see whats in there. Bare in mind anything will seem fast when it's your first car!

Merry Christmas!
ill post one soon for you mate, im really confused by this tnw business haha

Seat Leon 184
Yeah any car seems fast when you first start driving. I remember moving from a 1.2 8v to 1.2 16v, felt like a rocket at the time lol
yeah I suppose you're right, although it seems a lot lot faster and more responsive than the 1.4 punto I learnt to drive in

Seat Leon 184
Lovely looking car, has dynamique alloys. Bet you were pleased this morning! haha
i was over the moon and still am lol! they kept it hidden in the garage and handed me the keys in a little sweet box haha yeah it has lovely alloys and sunroof, electric windows etc its great!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The dynamique was marketed as the clio's sport range. Not to be confused with renaultsport which is a brand in itself.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
the reg came back as a 1.2 dynamique. She was manufactured on 01/09/2001 enjoy. I only check manufacture dates as I found out my cup was born on the same day as me lol. December 8th :)

2007 Clio 197
that's deffo a 1.2 dynamique. same engine as mines =] very nice. Your engine cover is missing, if you plan on doing much to it, you could see if a breaker has one kicking around, probably get it for around £10

2007 Clio 197
Also, I believe that TNW is like the billabong ones that were going around for a while. There isn't much difference in the actual cars, just a few different badges etc. again, i believe its a company called tech n wheelz.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
TNW means nothing. The previous owners must have put it on there.

Renault certainly didn't.

Seat Leon 184
Also, I believe that TNW is like the billabong ones that were going around for a while. There isn't much difference in the actual cars, just a few different badges etc. again, i believe its a company called tech n wheelz.
thanks a lot pal :)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
the reg came back as a 1.2 dynamique. She was manufactured on 01/09/2001 enjoy. I only check manufacture dates as I found out my cup was born on the same day as me lol. December 8th :)

That will be registration date mate, nothing to do with when it was made.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Here is some more info on your wee xmas pressie

Boom-1.gif

Data.gif

Last edited: