ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gorillapod SLR and Ball Head Question?!

VRS
Looking at getting my brother in law a gorillapod for his birthday.

It will be the gorillapod slr zoom version

I have read that they are pretty much useless without the Ball head attatchment to allow leveling of the camera etc but i was just wondering if i need to by the Joby ball head or whether he will just be able to fit one of the ball heads off of one of his tripods??

Cheers :)

RBC

Scion xB
Th Gorillapod SLR Zoom will make a nice gift for your brother-in-law.

No, you do not need to purchase the Gorillapod Ballhead with the tripod. I am a Gorillapod dealer (but this is not a solicitation, I'm located in the US, you'll be better off buying from a local dealer to avoid international shipping costs) and can confirm that the Gorillapod SLR Zoom will accept any tripod head with either 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 mounting threads - which should be about 99.99999% of tripod heads made.

If you click on this link and scroll down to the "Specifications" section you will see:

Adapter: Universal camera adapter (1/4“ screw), plus a 3/8“ adapter screw (included)

What that means is it comes with a 1/4" mounting stud and a 1/4" to 3/8" adapter bushing.

If you look at the second photo in the image gallery at that link, you will see what the mounting stud and bushing look like.

Hope that helps and I hope your brother-in-law enjoys his gift.

Kerry