ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gordini striping

Clio Sport 182 Cup
what are you views on the Gordini stripes? I have a clio 182 cup in the Gordini blue and was looking into buying some. also where can I get these from and fitting of them in my area?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
They divide opinions, I like them, others don't.

pm n2graphics I'm sure they can make you some, they're just strips of vinyl.

orrrrr, ask renault Wolverhampton for a quote for the 200 gordini stripes, they have little 'G's embossed into them and would look cool on a 182

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
stripes are cool. Just make sure it is a good job otherwise it looks shocking.

Making them is easy, the first time I put stripes on a car I just bought a roll of Fablon and cut it into lengths. The second car I bought pre cut ones. Clio is the first car I am not putting them on

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
They divide opinions, I like them, others don't.

pm n2graphics I'm sure they can make you some, they're just strips of vinyl.

orrrrr, ask renault Wolverhampton for a quote for the 200 gordini stripes, they have little 'G's embossed into them and would look cool on a 182

my twingo got new stripes on the boot when it had a rear shunt, I think they come as a full set and it was £280 or there abouts lol

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Can someone explain the origin of people calling racing blue gordini blue? It's seems to be all over the net.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Can someone explain the origin of people calling racing blue gordini blue? It's seems to be all over the net.

renault-8s-gordini-05.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My first RB had them and I liked them, my current one doesn't and still looks fine. Personally I wouldn't bother if there isn't any on there already.

RB182cup&golf gti
Looks far better without.

I'm too of this opinion, however I bought my 182 new in 2004 and specced the stripes. The car has lived an easy life being garaged for the majority of the time, but I still fear a difference in paint colour if I were to remove them so they're staying put.
I quite like that they're part of the heritage though and the fact that the invoice has an additional £125 on it for the stripes means they are staying as I want to keep it how I bought it. RB looks great without though and if I were to buy again I'd not bother.

133/225/CLS AMG
I like stripes on an RB 182 personally. I like the contrast of the white against the blue and I like the heritage behind it.

Just don't buy them from Renault. The stripes on the 133 and 200 Gordini models had embossed G's on them, goes some way to explain the ludicrous price. The stripes on the 182s were literally just white stripes.

Listerine & Poledo
good Gordini stripes are good.

If you end up with something more like a set of Viper Stripes, that's less good.

I had 2-tone stripes on my 172, they split opinion like a axe through would

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
If you end up with something more like a set of Viper Stripes, that's less good.

^^ This. Saying that I did have Viper stripes on my....wait for it....Fiat Cinquecento! But I was taking the mick with it as I also had "899cc and trying my hardest" in massive letters in my back window. My Skoda I did it two was two different sized off centre ones.

Do feel that stripes add that little bit extra to the car, but as many people have said the colours need to be right. I wont be putting any on my Titanium 172, but the Gordini blue is a good colour for white ones.

Clio III 1.4 3Dr
I'm going to have a bash at plasti dip stripes in white, if I don't like them then I'll peel them off. Otherwise, I might then consider proper fitment in vinyl.

RB 182 195bhp
I like them on a rb182 but if the car didn't already have them, like mine doesn't, I wouldn't bother adding them.
Also it looks horrific if they go down the bumper as it just screams viper stripe.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
I hate the spacing on the stripes, they look the same as a double yellow line on the car but in white imo :/ Stripes are a no no