ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoPro or similar help

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So, I'm off to Asia in a month for 8 weeks, and need something robust, waterproof, small, selfie stick etc etc. GoPro fits the bill.

I'm not up to date with which models do what, but does anyone have any 'in the know' tips which may help.

Also, I suppose this is partly a wanted ad.. if anyone has one they want to sell, let me know, cheers!

Budget: Not loads!

Twingo Dynamique
Would second the recommendation of the session!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Mate, have a look at the GoPro Hero Session if you haven't already, only £150, waterproof without needing an extra case and has wifi and bluetooth so you can use your phone as viewfinder. Plus its really compact, even compared to the Hero 5 etc.
https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero-session/CHDHS-104-master.html

Looks good, but maybe a stupid question.. if you have to use your phone for the screen, why wouldn't you just use your phone? Or is the GoPro that good of a camera? (spec wise)

Twingo Dynamique
Looks good, but maybe a stupid question.. if you have to use your phone for the screen, why wouldn't you just use your phone? Or is the GoPro that good of a camera? (spec wise)
Do you go swimming with your phone? What are you using the camera for? If you are just going to be taking still photos- use your phone. But if you want to take video, need it waterproof, you can always take a still from the video. If you're doing some form of sport- the GoPro better as can handle an impact. For example- I went to Bali in may, any time I was taking still images/standard everyday images I used my phone (as didn't take my dslr for fear of theft - would have been fine though) however was grateful of my GoPros when we went Snorkelling/on boat trips/surfing

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
The Session actually isn't as good as an iPhone (4K on the new models), but I never use any kind of screen on my gopro, it's so wide angle you just point it in roughly the right direction and it captures everything, plus you can get a bunch of mounts e.g. selfie stick, chest/head mount

Twingo Dynamique
Do you go swimming with your phone? What are you using the camera for? If you are just going to be taking still photos- use your phone. But if you want to take video, need it waterproof, you can always take a still from the video. If you're doing some form of sport- the GoPro better as can handle an impact. For example- I went to Bali in may, any time I was taking still images/standard everyday images I used my phone (as didn't take my dslr for fear of theft - would have been fine though) however was grateful of my GoPros when we went Snorkelling/on boat trips/surfing

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hmm.. I was more thinking to preserve iphone battery etc on long days out and better quality images. I did actually use my phone for snorkeling once in a case, worked well!

Twingo Dynamique
If your only reason is preserving battery life- you can get a power pack to recharge half way through day! iPhone cameras produce ok images- but after a bit of tweaking in Lightroom or similar they can really pop and you get a pretty decent image afterwards! Not to mention the key to good pictures is more composition etc than the camera that it's taken with!