ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 5

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
But it's Apple... Its innovative, like widgets in ios couldn'tgiveafuck.
I know of a lot of people who are going from Apple to Android and not one who is going the other way.

They might have a nice looking, slick operating phone but it's miles behind with a lot of things imo.

Had just as many build quality issues with apple than I have had with android to be honest.

Looking forward to seeing what the nexus 6 offers.

Rav4
But it's Apple... Its innovative, like widgets in ios couldn'tgiveafuck.
I know of a lot of people who are going from Apple to Android and not one who is going the other way.

They might have a nice looking, slick operating phone but it's miles behind with a lot of things imo.

I've had all the iPhones.

I've been on a nexus 5 for nearly a year.

I'll be going back to an iPhone.

I'm rather tech savvy. Don't care about the apple image. I just think usability and efficiency wise I prefer iOS.

The added benefits to me on iOS 8 will be answering calls via OS X, answering text messages via OS X.

I don't use google now that much but I do agree, its far better than Apple's offering. I specially like the directions and things like flights / package deliveries.

I don't care for widgets, changing ringtones, rooting and so on, back in the day yes. However I now just want a phone that works well and streamlines my processes.

There is only so much innovation that can happen now, all the manufacturers are pretty much on par within reason, not much else can be added to these phones to make them dramatically better than others apart from battery capacity.

Fiesta ST-2
The iPhone 6 has a much inferior ppi compared to the current flagship androids. It has 1/2 the ram, some cases 1/3, the processor if reports are correct is laughable on paper in comparisons (obviously the gap will be bridged slightly with their software/hardware optimisation), but android has come along way since that excuse. The front camera is inferior, the rear again spec wise (granted pixels don't mean everything), no 4k video recording. And in terms of design the HTC one M8 and LG G3 are great looking, well built phones.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The G3 is a lovely phone and the M8 is very very well made. I posted years ago that I could not see how those manufacturers could catch apple in 10 years, they did and have to points, surpassed them.

Impressed and i'm moving from Apple to Android at the end of the month, handset not decided.

Fiesta ST-2
I have no brand loyalty, I've moved from Apple to Samsung to HTC. People who blindly buy the latest iPhone without looking at the rest of the market I liken to people who automatically renew their car insurance.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Gally you wont look back. The first week is weird, then you realise it's massively better.

I am no android fanboi. If Apple come up with something better I'd happily own an Iphone.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The G3 is a lovely phone and the M8 is very very well made. I posted years ago that I could not see how those manufacturers could catch apple in 10 years, they did and have to points, surpassed them.

Impressed and i'm moving from Apple to Android at the end of the month, handset not decided.
I got rid of my iPhone5 because of the dreadful battery life. Bought a nexus 5 and planned to sell it once the iPhone 6 was released.

Won't be going back to Apple. In several ways android works better for me. As an operating system, it's superior.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I own both Android (Moto G+) and an iPhone 5s.

I must admit I do prefer to use the iPhone but thats purely down to the fact I only use a mobile for calls, texts and emails. I'm not educated enough on the other stuff to get the most from Android, I dont think.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The missus went iPhone to Samsung S4 at the time and she won't have another iPhone. The expandable memory thing alone attracts me greatly add into the fact the designs have improved so much over the years. The G3 front is a work of art, seamless. G3 front M8 back and i'm in love.

Now the problem I have is i'm due an upgrade but the flagships have been out for ages now barring the note4.
I may upgrade and then sell on for G4 or Nexus6 ne M9 or whatever next year.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I've always had Android, i'm a bit of a fanboy for all things Android as i like the way Google are progressing with it so quickly. It has come on a long way since it was released. Can't see me ever having an iPhone tbh.

Looking forward to the Nexus 6 in a few months.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why is that funny, it meets my requirements? Or am I not cool enough because I'm not staying on Android?

It's funny because you claim to be tech savvy, then say you are going back to IOS. If you said you just prefer IOS I don't think anyone would have commented..

Rav4
It's funny because you claim to be tech savvy, then say you are going back to IOS. If you said you just prefer IOS I don't think anyone would have commented..

I don't claim to be, I am.

Secondly it's iOS not IOS.

Thirdly, surely if I am going back to iOS, preference might have something to do with it? Like I say, it meets my requirements.

Additionally, I also stated previously that Android has some excellent elements to it, it's simply that I don't need the majority of elements and "prefer" iOS at this moment in time.

:)

1.8 Civic EX
I was always an iPhone user, swapped to nexus 5 when it was released and will most likely never go back to an iPhone again. The biggest win for me is never having to piss about with iTunes ever again as its utter tripe.

Was a bit apprehensive when first moved over to android as I didn't quite get how it worked but now I can't stand idevices.

Since having the nexus 5 I've had loads of comments/questions from random people saying how nice it looks and asking what it is etc. iPhones are just "oh look, another iPhone". I don't think they are anything special any more.

_20140911_125930.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yes! I lost the U as well. Only released when I found a sticky bit of rubber in my pocket.
They're all slightly loose so its only a matter of time before the rest go. Might just remove all mine now and clean the sticky stuff off.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Anyone having issues with hangouts? A couple of times now I've wrote a text out, pressed send, and it just dissappers and doesn't deliver.

Also Chrome has just updated and is now slow as f**k!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Hangouts has completely stopped working for me now. Won't even load the texts when you open a 'thread'
No amount of turning it off and on again will sort it.