ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear F1's

R56 JCW
Im in need for some new tyres, so thinking of getting these, will anyone know what I will need to go on my 182

obviously being V or W rating, and which you think will be better GSD1, 2 or 3??

Cheers

BMW M135i
They always try to sell you something else, the F1s are the ones to get don't let them sell you anything else. You will be impressed, I still can't believe the wet grip they've got and i've been using them for almost 2 years.

R56 JCW
Im hearing mixed reviews, especially on the Avon ones, there also thebest tyre, they were standard on the Rolls Royce etc etc

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im on my 5th set in teh last year and a half!

i actually get more fun driving in the wet because im always amazed at how much grip i get, i was nearly on 3 wheels lastnight in the wet going round a fast sweeping bend at 125 lol

I had Avons on my valver years ago, I had zv1's & then zv'3 they were ok, nothing special.

I had F1's on my last car, they were great.

R56 JCW
I think it will have to be these F1's then by the sounds are of it, how come not alot of ppl have voted for them in the poll, and voted for the PE2's?

BMW M135i
PE2s come standard on the car, people like them so have them again imo. It all comes down the personal preference, the ContiSport Contacts that came on my 172 I though were bloody awful other people like them.

The Eagle F1's have a new tread pattern/compound now.

As I understand it there are still GSD-3's around but they are not producing them any more.

BMW M135i
Nope they've been replaced by the new asymmetric pattern, don't know if they're avaliable in normal Clio sizes yet though.

edit: Just checked and nope they're not, getting there though. The GSD3s are still listed on the goodyear site though.

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
I have these on my 182 and they're very good tire in comparison to the michelins, and cheaper too! I replaced two at the beginning of the month. GSD2's are now very few and far between, but saying that there is also a shortage of the GSD3's at the moment as they're phasing them out. Found it difficult to find just two tyres! But there are some somehere i'm told!

R56 JCW
so theres nothing between the 2's and 3's? so am i jst best getting 4 GSD2's??

I jst want summit thats long lasting, have absolute minted grip in wet and dry

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just had 2 Eagle f1's on today, i've got Avon ZZ3 on my front now.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well had my ZZ3 on the back for 6 months, seem alright to me, not probs, held on well round the ring, then put them on the front and eagle f1's on the back about 3 hours ago so can't really comment.

www.renparts.co.uk
im on my 5th set in teh last year and a half!

i actually get more fun driving in the wet because im always amazed at how much grip i get, i was nearly on 3 wheels lastnight in the wet going round a fast sweeping bend at 125 lol

youve got balls doing that when your insured 3rd party lol