ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2008 (56k no chance)

Up at 4am, left at 4:45, there at 6:45...spot on :) Still exhausted but well worth it, had a superb day...

329826480_cSy9B-L.jpg

329826307_869x8-L.jpg

329813151_V6W8q-L.jpg

329813232_nz9WR-L.jpg

329814485_42rgy-L.jpg

329814842_ET7Yd-L.jpg

329815884_eGur4-L.jpg

329818648_cRrGr-L.jpg

329838920_95Kxo-L.jpg

329820106_4SQ6Y-L.jpg

329846954_JudfT-L.jpg

329835855_o5MJe-L.jpg

329837129_gyPcz-L.jpg

329848711_Kbg24-L.jpg

329849279_kE4vQ-L.jpg

329832689_wixAM-L.jpg

329850723_HJNbp-L.jpg

330254214_vc6jK-L.jpg

330255237_q8nXy-L.jpg

330254861_dXfHh-L.jpg

330257456_Mt2vv-L.jpg

And even more...http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/5384389_rsYxj

I went yesterday, then got home, went to bed, got up a few hours later and went to Brands Hatch. Just got back from there now, exhausted.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Awesome pics, that spot you got at the top of the hill was definitely a good one. I noticed i made it into a few of your pics as well!

I missed this -

330257453_DG8Jg-M.jpg

although i did see him come wheelie-ing up the top of the hill on the spectator side before riding back down the actual climb.

although i did see him come wheelie-ing up the top of the hill on the spectator side before riding back down the actual climb.

When I headed back down he jumped the bails off the track into the spectator areas...little did he realise there was an ageing marshal sat the other side, looked like it hurt a bit!

Fiat Coupe 20vt
When I headed back down he jumped the bails off the track into the spectator areas...little did he realise there was an ageing marshal sat the other side, looked like it hurt a bit!

Quite surprised he didn't spot the marshal given the bright orange overalls they all wear! Was he ok?

Also have to say i'm impressed you went to Brands today, i had been half considering it myself but i woke up this morning and my legs were killing me from walking up and down the hill yesterday!

Believe me I'm completely wasted, got up at 6am and I've been half-asleep ever since! Walking around the full GP circuit at Brands was agony.

Out of interest, best sounding car of the day? Oddly mine was the F1 Safety Car, stunning. That insane Madza Furai thing was a close second though.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Yeah i'd agree with you about the safety car, i especially liked the fact it was almost silent when he was driving it normally then racecar-ish as soon as he floored it! The Furai was brilliant too, the noise and the way it looked were awesome.

I also liked the sound of several of the older F1 cars as they slowed for the wall bit and then powered up the hill, not as ear piercing as the newer F1 cars either.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
extremely jealous, amazing pics, would love to know how you get those head on ones with the car coming towards you so consistently.

what lens and camera was it?

I have decided not to take my camera tomorrow, i have spent the last two years spending the whole day trying to get decent pics, to only be disappointed with most of them once i get home even though they look great on the camera screen. So I thought I would just enjoy the cars this time.

extremely jealous, amazing pics, would love to know how you get those head on ones with the car coming towards you so consistently.

what lens and camera was it?

I have decided not to take my camera tomorrow, i have spent the last two years spending the whole day trying to get decent pics, to only be disappointed with most of them once i get home even though they look great on the camera screen. So I thought I would just enjoy the cars this time.

Good idea on the camera thing, particuarly for the Sunday. Next year I just want to go on the Saturday or Sunday and splash out on a grandstand seat and just enjoy everything.

As for the camera, Nikon D50 and a Nikon 300mm f4 for the head-on shots. They don't do anything for me personally as they are a bit easy/dull, just point and shoot pretty much (with a bit of panning motion), but people seem to like them so I take them :) The 2 Aston Martin panning shots are by far my favourite.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i only have the 70-200 f4L and i've found i just need the extra all the time, but am hesitant to get the extender incase it ruins things.

I can't wait to see the challenger, saw it twice at the chicago motor shows i have been to the past few years so will be nice to see it fly up the hill. Saw one on the road when i was in the US recently but haven't heard what sound it makes yet, hoping its decent, absolutely love it, especially in that colour.

i only have the 70-200 f4L and i've found i just need the extra all the time, but am hesitant to get the extender incase it ruins things.

I can't wait to see the challenger, saw it twice at the chicago motor shows i have been to the past few years so will be nice to see it fly up the hill. Saw one on the road when i was in the US recently but haven't heard what sound it makes yet, hoping its decent, absolutely love it, especially in that colour.

I was on the dual-carriageway with it for about 25 minutes on the way in. Didn't realise it was going on display in the Supercar paddock, I figured they would all get trucked in!

Not sure about an extender on an f4, it's fine on my 80-200 2.8 but obviously that's got a 1 stop advantage. I would be hesitant with going up to f5.6 with a 1.4tc on your lens personally. Might be ok, worth asking around or trying to find some sample pics.

350Z GT
Got some awesome photos there.

Was there on Friday and turned out about 100x better than i thought it would be. Had my photo taken with the Toyota girls :) and went on the Bowler Nemesis - £20 for a 35second ride, might sound like a rip-off but was a truly awesome experience and is good to be able to say ive been in 1! Did anyone get any photos of them cos i didnt get any photos so havnt got any example to show my mates! Again really good photos.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Very nice pics as usual dude :) I love how the Gulf Aston is still dirty from Le Mans!

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Fantastic Photos Mister! I went yesterday with my camera and couldn't manage one decent pic :(

Great day out, some fantastic machines and what a noise those Ferrari F1s make :)

Thanks for the kind comments peeps. I've added about 30 more that were initially binned if anybody is interested, here are a few of them...

330937997_frCer-L.jpg

330944221_sSBV8-L.jpg

330950005_oJTFV-L.jpg

330950139_C2N9U-L.jpg

330987382_sUUXJ-L.jpg

330931864_WSDrM-L.jpg

330943277_pJb7Q-L.jpg

330987294_5fMQW-L.jpg

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Some more awesome shots there - why were they binned? Is that Button driving that old Ferrari F1 car?

Dan

Some more awesome shots there - why were they binned?

Dan

I took about 500, I usually get about 100 absolutely spot on photos out of that, another 200 or so which are nearly there but not quite, then the rest are just rubbish. I dug these few out of the 'nearly but not quite' pile, although I can't believe I missed the BMW-Sauber shot first time through, definitely a keeper.

Renaultsport 220T
Nice pics, any of the Pug Cosworth please?

Not sure if it was there to be honest (on the Friday at least), didn't see it at all although it was in the programme.

It wasn't in it's place up on the rally paddock on the Friday.

Marko Martin was immense in the new Subaru on the rally stage. Exteme sideways.

Great shoots Chris, I couldn't be bothered shooting much stuff there as it very tricky to get good shots with all the bales of hay. Did you see Cleland bin his Cavalier?
:)

A4 Avant
Chris, awesome photos!! Quick question. Do you carry out much cropping and rotating post production or is that exactly how you take your photos.

I usually try and frame the shot as I want it and tweak it later, was keen to know what your work flow was.