ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwin10's MK1 Clio Progress Blog

Clio 1.2
(Sorry for the last blog, I forgot to resize the pictures).

Hello again guys, from the response i got from the last one, I know the majority of people on here don't really like my car, which is fair enough each to their own. But i'm here to get helpful information and ideas from you guys to help me out and I'll do the same back :) But if we could keep away from the 'scrap it' 'burn it' 'save it' and simliar remarks it would be much appreachiated as I wouldn't want my blog filled up with pages of that sort of stuff. Cheers :)

Anyway about the Clio :) I paid just £400 for it with 12 months MOT and a stackful of receipts. The majority of the work was carried out back in 2004, so I just want to freshen it up a bit :)

Some pictures from when I first got it.

P201110_0936.jpg

P201110_0936_02.jpg

P201110_1058.jpg

P201110_0937_01.jpg

Progress so far to follow :)

Clio 1.2
Right, as all the audio wiring was cut off, I decided to start sorting that out. So 2 150watt 4" FLI speakers (Paid £13.99 for them) are in the dash now being powered but the amp in the boot which also powers the 1000watt FLI subwoofer. Tidied up all the wiring and made the boot look tidy.

Also some blue lights were wired in to the boot light so they lit up when the boot gets opened. tidied the wiring up for them and mounted them properly. Just need a uncut parcel shelf as the old one had 6x9 holes in it and I don't like 6x9s lol.

P201110_1635.jpg

Next, the bumpers. Both were sagging a bit, so the rear bumper is now sitting almost perfect, and just fixing some mounts on the front bumper so it will fit properly. A side skirt was off the car also so I've fitted this back on too. Just need to get some black mesh and redo both bumpers and I think that will do for the time being.

I had a play around on paint the other day and came up with this.

edit12.jpg

I think that looks quite smart. Rear lights and indicators to be smoked and front halo lights to have the inside painted black too. Scuttle panel to be painted black and also the mirrors too for now.

What do you guys think plus any ideas would be cool :) Cheers :)

Good idea with the new thread.

Can i make a suggestion that you move the neons to the bottom lip nearest the boot clip. This will give the glow but without being able to see the light source which imo makes it look a lot tidier

Clio 1.2
Simon thats a much better idea, I'll be on that this weekend :) Cheers :)

Fredy as I said I know it ain't to most people tastes, it wasn't really to my taste but it's growing on me a little now lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
before you start asking for suggestions..

what look are you actually going for?????!!?!?!!

seeing as all of my (and 99% of the other users on this forums) suggestions would revolve around getting it back towards valver/williams replica!!

did you get any standard parts with the car??

and please please please, stop using low purchase prices as a justification for (what i would call) bad mods! really annoys me

Clio 1.2
I just want to freshen it up a bit, just tidy it up and make it a bit smarter really.

I wouldn't want to turn it into a replica, i'd rather tidy this up and save up for a proper valver or williams next year.

Nah no standard parts came with it, well each to their own buddy, I just thought it was a good price for a set of decent budget speakers, I'm not looking to throw stupid money at this so thats what i'm happy with. When I can afford a decent car I'll buy decent bits for it.

Simon thats a much better idea, I'll be on that this weekend :) Cheers :)

Whenever we have an east anglia meet make sure you pop along and i'll show you the light set up i've done on mine. Someones tryna do one for the 11th dec if you look in the east of england forum

Renault Clio 1.6 CUP
ok, at least there is no rust on your car :D

What i wud do to it. Get rid of the bodykit and the stickers.then fit a OEM front bonnet, ph3 front and rear bumper, RSi sideskirts, ph1 door mirrors, ph2/3 rear lights and maybe some more lows :) Leave the wheels as they are (probably the only thing i like on the car).

Then it will look perfect :D

Clio 1.2
That's true, I only have the smallest bubbles appearing on both rear arches and thats it! :)

Stickers will be going asap, as will the bonnet too I hate it lol, if the bumpers appear in my local scrappy in the same colour then i may be temped, I don't want the hassle and cost of getting some then paiting them lol, yep I'm tight!

Cheers for the helpful input :D

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well even though you dont want to turn it into a rep,
when you replace the bonnet, you might as well get a valver one,
when you replace the bumpers..............
when you replace the wheels...............................you see where im going with this!

personally, (and i dont mean this as a dig)
id change the bonnet, change the bumpers for non painted ones, and pick up a cheap exhaust,
should be able to do all of that for cheap!
if you get the chance to swap front/rear lights or wheels with some chav TAKE IT
maybe change the wing mirrors (someones selling some in the for sale section)
contemplate spraying the whole car matt black and just pull the spoiler off
then get saving for a valver!! save hard!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
that doesnt look too bad, go for something like that,
lower it right to the floor,
get some nice wheels,

try and get some euro/rat look mods on it!!
thats the best route to go down imo on a non-sport!