ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good shocks for 50mm springs

Clio 182
Hi, I'm thinking of buying some 50mm springs from another member on here for my 2002 mk2 1.2 16v. People say that you can have the 50mm drop on standard shocks but it will wear them out quickly. Can anyone recommend a decent set of shocks for a good price that will last longer and save me the hassle of replacing them later? I've had a quick search but I can't seem to find many budget choices. I know Koni shocks are supposed to be good but buying the full set will put me back about £200 which I can't really justify. What's everyone else's opinions? Shall I run the springs on the standard shocks till they wear out or upgrade now?

Thanks!

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Use up the old shocks and upgrade with the gmaxx's. A lot of people say they get sick of the low spring/stock shock combo before they bust up. Personally I'd save for some coilovers. Which I've seen at the lower end of £400

Clio 182
Use up the old shocks and upgrade with the gmaxx's. A lot of people say they get sick of the low spring/stock shock combo before they bust up. Personally I'd save for some coilovers. Which I've seen at the lower end of £400
Thanks for the reply mate. I know coilovers are generally better but I can't really justify that kind of money at the moment- it's about a 1/3rd of the price paid for the car!