ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Pads or Discs?

Hi

just wondering what would give me better breaks. buying new discs as mine are worn and buying good pads

or

just buying good discs, my pads are already quite new but just standard

any advice welcome cheers

Westy. MX5
Hope you changed the brake fluid as well. There are plenty of suggested upgrades listed on this forum, all are favourable with Cliosport members so you can't go wrong with what has already been mentioned. Taking a big leap in braking performance will cost though, such as 4pot drake calipers.

330i. E30 Touring.
DS2500's, Brembo HC discs, fluid change and braided lines is your best bet for comprimise between daily drive and decent stopping power.

Clio RS1
I've got the Brembo Max and the Pagid Blue RS + braided brake lines + RBF600 brake fluid and the brake is awesome !! I left standard on the rear

But the pagid are noisy when they're cold but when hot it's really good !

Unless you plan to take it on the track, standard pads will be fine for your 1.4. Same goes for the discs though aftermarket versions are usually cheaper than what Renault would charge you.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Unless you plan to take it on the track, standard pads will be fine for your 1.4. Same goes for the discs though aftermarket versions are usually cheaper than what Renault would charge you.

I agree with Jon. Generic OEM parts from eurocarparts or similar will surely be fine. Have you measured your discs to see if they actually need replacing? If you feel like spunking money for the sake of it maybe try some DS2500s.;)