ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gonna raise my gti

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I'm going to raise the torsion bar on my gti at the weekend as it's far too low for b-road blasts and over speedbumps. How much do you think i should raise it??

Don't want it too high but i want a decent back end through the corners, it's too stiff at the moment tbf.

Aslo it adjust the torsion bar the same way as i lowered my mates mk1 clio?? if say i raised the rear hub 30mm then inserted the spline, would it raise the car 30mm or would it be higher. I have only done one and it was a mk1 clio a few week back but i wasn't sure how much low it would go by lowering the hub untill the wheels were on:eek:

Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol.

How high should i raise it???

crashpics004.jpg

I think the front looks great, not too low not too high.

arctic 182 ff
im really rusty with these as i did my gti a few year back,im sure i had mine at 2 "clicks" as i tried 3 and it was far to low for where i was travelling.looked like yours on 3 clicks,sure sum 1 will be in the know a bit more than me.

Evo 8 MR
I'd raise it so that it sits just on top of the tyre so that you can see the entire wheel but with virtually no or very little gap, which is the best look imo.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its all about how the arch sits over the wheel, the front sits real nice, a small gap so the wheel fills the arch out nicely, so try to get the back to the same standard, personally i wouldnt worry about how level the car is with spirit level or something, just try to make the gap between the arch and the wheel the same on both back and front.

rps13
one spline should give you some handling back, two splines if you can raise the front too

nice gti dude!

172 Cup
I'd say that's down 3 clicks from standard height at the moment, so I would notch it up 1 imo. Lovely car though :)

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Cheers guys will have a go at the weekend at 1 spline high. Front is on adjustable so can go lower or higher if needed.

TTRS & V50
Your not supose to lower/higher by splines or notches, f***s things up.

Need to take out the torsion bar, set hub heights then re-insert torsion bar, doing this seperately on both sides.

But i'd leave it how it is, seems a ballache to do, to just higher 10-20mm.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Your not supose to lower/higher by splines or notches, f**ks things up.

Need to take out the torsion bar, set hub heights then re-insert torsion bar, doing this seperately on both sides.

But i'd leave it how it is, seems a ballache to do, to just higher 10-20mm.

Thats how i did the mk1 clio a few weeks back. Took me around 40 mins tbh, well worth doing if it makes the car look rght.

106 GTI
lol @ the spline chat ! Take the bars out and do it properly none of the notches bulls**t.

Back needs to come up for sure.

Mine is lightly nose down, 30mm front springs (lowered 28mm if you want to be really precise!) and the back dropped exactly the same to match.

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/gti_march_09/

Thats the perfect stance, front slightly lower than rear.

Take torsion bar fully out and use a jack to get the height exact none of this clicks rubbish unless you want a fubard beam

ITB'd MK1
agree again. you should take the bars out to clean them up and grease the splines really anyway.

Personally I'd leave it as is, looks awesome to me :D

ITB'd MK1
depends on driving style, Will probably be more neutral and turn in better if slightly nose down. I prefer to provoke the back end. My red 205 was always very slightly arse down and the handling was pinpoint sharp. God I miss driving that car