ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf V6 4Motion to 182 Cup

I am an owner of Golf V6 4motion and i have just ordered a 182 cup. Does anyone have any views on performance differences? I think the clio will cain the Golf on tight roads but im not so sure on straights.

tiTTy & SV650

hmm 204bhp vs 182bhp, whats a 4 motion weigh? must have a lot more torque than the 182.

so in gear acceleration golf will probably kill the clio. 0-60 seems very similar, Golf top end is no doubt higher too.

power to weight is probably similar, but with the added torque and traction golf in a straight line.

tiTTy & SV650

theres a new member whos changed from an R32 to a 182 cause R32 was so fat n heavy, that probably speaks volumes.

The clio has more hp per ton. The Golf does have alot of torque but is very heavy. Ill be sorry to see it go but looking forward to getting the 182, i pick it up monday week.

120d Sport

Clio 182 will beat a V6 4Motion all day long, straights and twisties.

Dont forget the transmission loss for the Golf being 4wd and the weight.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I used to have a play with one in my old 172 and i would have the edge up to 100 say and then he would close in.all on a private runway of course;)

ian

Couldnt have this discussion without the obligatory build quality comment.

182 faster (upto 90/100mph) and more nimble in my experience (in my wifes 4motion) but golf better built (as youd expect for nearly £5-6k more on list price) and so feels much more solid. The Golf is more relaxed in its power delivery and feels less stressed (I think thats a benefit but only my opinion).

However, both have reliability issues and VW dealers (near me anyway) are just as w*nk as renault dealers.

i had a little go against one of these in my 182 cup and was pulling on it even past 100 (on private road of course;)) but then you can never tell could have been a bad driver. id be more concerned about the build quality differences myself.

Clio Cup

Im ashamed to admit I had a new shape beetle and the dealers were bloody rubbish, as was the car. Took it in for one thing came out with somethingelse wrong. One dealer even broke the radio fixing removing the dash and blamed it on the car being an eu import thus i had to pay for their negligence.

My 172 Cup used to easily out drag 4-Motions, you will miss the VAG build quality though I bet.

[Edited by Rallye-King on 06 May 2005 at 7:07pm]

I loved my V6 4Motion then got the 182. 182 is different to drive. Need to use the gears (V6 peak torque 3200 clio 5250)but the 182 is much faster. Do not know about top end. left a MCS at 130 but that kept up with me in the golf. I know the 182 is a better car than the MCS.
Clio weighs 1080 golf weighs 1400.
Tel

Clio will be much quicker.........

.........to fall apart!:p

I hate almost everything about my cup, but all is forgiven after a good ragging round somes twisties!

I got rid of my R32 and bought a 182.Clio is as quick up to 80mph,but once over a ton it loses out.
Having said that,it would spank the Golfs overweight flabby ass once a few twisties were thrown in.
(does feel like it might fall to bits though when compared to the Golf)

Ditto above post, but I bought a 172 cup. R32 was just toooo HEAVY, scarilly so when pushing on if you needed to lift mid corner or brake a bit harder than expected. The cups great for B road blasting but does attract too many people who "want to have a go" - far more than the Golf used to. Alright if youre in the mood but a bit annoying at other times.

Everything rattles & squeeks but thats just character in my eyes - I love the car & wont be changing until I can afford an S2 Exige or a Noble :)