ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf 2.8 v6 4motion throttle

CLIO 182
Just a little bit of info if any1 wants to fit a larger throttle body,the golf 4 motion 2.8 v6 bosch item fits the clio 172 with a little bit of fettling. 2 bolt holes line up perfect and the otha 2 just has to hav the holes on the throttle widend a few mm. Apart from this it plugs up and runs perfect. Its a 70mm item. Theres 2 pipes coming off top of the throttle that aint needed. It drives smoother i think and the 5k kick is much smoother. ;) thought id spread the info 2 u guys. Sumthn ive looked in2 4 a long time but didnt think there was 1 available.

182 cup
How much smoother does it make the 'kick' exactly and does it make the car feel any quicker? Also what age one do you go for as vw's tend to vary alot?

CLIO 182
Well in my opinion theres better accelaraition from low down,and my 5k kick is basically gone,just revs hard smoothly past it. Here are the part numbs 4 it,as i dont know what year it came off. Vw,audi part number 022133062ac. Bosch part numb 0280750097. Hope this helps.

172cup turbo & rx8
good bit of info, would be interested to see if it makes a true difference

any before & after results?

CLIO 182
No b4 and after results sorry,dnt thnk i wil hav any either coz i will b going ova to german tdi soon,sadly. I only paid 16 quid 4 my throttle tho off ebay,so wel worth tryn if u can get 1 this cheap.

53 Clio's & counting
The standard TB isn't actually restrictive, but the OP is correct in it will change the power delivery due to the inner dameter being larger, it won't actually be any quicker for it though