ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to look at a ph1 172....

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Thats cheered me up a bit! I was well excited about the car until you said that you were interested aswell! ;)
There are 2 or 3 which I want to look at though, but this one is my favourite out of the lot so ive chose to look at this one first!

Atleast I know you're only willing to pay the same amount as I am, so I must be thinking along the right track!
£2k or i'd walk away!

Starting bid £2395. LOL
If they were closer id of gone to see that!

I find the ad a bit dodgy though.... "I HAVE RANG HIM AND HE CONFIRMED THIS, HENCE HE SAID THERE WAS NO NEED TO SERVICE IT" .... Could be giving you his dads phone number for all you know! :S And the first owner had it for 5 years so it should have been serviced shouldnt it?

PH1 Clio 172
The sunflower your seeing on Sunday is my gf's. (Hayley) and I don't think you'll be getting it for 2k regardless of it not being taxed lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
The sunflower your seeing on Sunday is my gf's. (Hayley) and I don't think you'll be getting it for 2k regardless of it not being taxed lol
FLOL, i seen that coming a mile away! If its not away for the end of next week i'l fire down.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Look 5k you can have my 182 ha ha. I'm going to be after a phase 1 soon. I remember the day they were released my boss at the time got one, i think that where the love of the rs came from. Awesome little motors. Right i'm taking my clio off the market ha

1498353-1.jpg

Hopefully going to have a look at this on friday... Anyones on here??

Don't give up on the phase 1 mate.....
All the ones ive been looking at have had something wrong with them (2 of them, the cams were knackered) and the others ive looked at have been molested (performance filter etc)... If I get one, I want an unmolested one, which there seems to be very few of :(

Clio 172 exclusive
Thanks for all the info..

Both that ive been to look at today have been no go's...

The one with no service history's interior wasnt the best, was missing the 6cd changer, the front bumper was hanging a bit due to broken clip and it had an induction kit on... And 5 previous owner with only 55,000 on the clock, yea right!!

The other one looked mint, very good condition, everything looked great.. But the engine was making a funny noise, my dad said it sounded like the Cam was on its way out so had to turn it down..

Still on the search! I loved test driving it though, so so good!
After 160 miles of travelling, atleast I know that I definately want one!
Was this one in Buxton? if so i seen it too! no thanks and the guy wouldnt drop a penny from £1995

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The one that had 85k on it?

Nah, the history on that was a little vague to say the least, albeit a nice example, vague all the same.

Hes gone for a different plan of attack i think :)

The one that had 85k on it?

Nah, the history on that was a little vague to say the least, albeit a nice example, vague all the same.

Hes gone for a different plan of attack i think :)
Yea thats the one... Me and my dad went to view it. I loved it, but my dad noticed that the cams were on their way out or something!
And it had been lowered & had performance air filter on, so was put off by that!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I planned on getting it myself last year but decided against it.

Wont go into details i believe the owner is/was on here :eek: