ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God dam gear linkage

My gear linkage somehow snapped, since the new engine went in it seemed a bit funny obvioulsy the bar was a bit weak as it just completly broke in half when changing into 2nd. Got a new bar and fitted it (connected it to the gear stick first then the gear box with it in neutral) i tried for hours to set the gears up right but i could never get 4th for some reason! ALl other gears bar that. So i left it and was gonna take it to the garage during the week (admit defeat lol) today i went to change down from 5th but could not get any other gear. stopped and undid the bolt that holds the linkage to the gear box but i could not get the bar off, couldnt move the box into any other gear as the bar wouldnt let the box selector move. So got towed home.

Does this sound like there could be a problem with the box or just my stupidity when connecting the new linkage?

The same sort of problem happened to me when I was drivin all off a sudden the gear stick went all slack but i could still change gear.I got renault to sort it out but unfortunatly the warranty had run out and had to pay over £100 just for some silly bolt that broke clean off.Is this a common fault with clios ?