ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go on have a good laugh at my own stupidity.

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
Go outside, cars a block of ice – open up the car chuck work bag containing everything phone, wallet and yes...coat , turn the car on – lean in and wack the fan on and turn on the rear screen..

Slam door, walk off to get ice scraper – get three steps and think “ ****!!” – I pressed the anti hijack button.

Cars locked – Cars Running.

No one in the house – phone locked in car – house locked ( spare key in house).

Had to go to a neighbour’s house and use their phone and get the old man to come round with a spare key.

Failgasm.

Dont be as stupid as me. Please.

Pretty sure it does.

I just dont remember it auto locking after you open the door, then close it.

I remember if you unlock the car, DON'T open a door, it re-locks itself after a while though.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Congrats. Assume it was nice and warm when you got in (eventually!!).

Not worthy of a Darwin award. Wrong category TBH.

Not as good as my Dad, who moved his Mazda off the drive, parked it on the road engine running one Sunday morning. Got the Caterham out the garage, shut the garage, got in the Caterham and drove off. Mum pops outside about 2 hours later and notices the car is sitting there unlocked, engine running still, with all the keys for house, all cars and work on the keyring.

Almost as intelligent as the time he basically broke into a neighbours house to install some new locks for me. Few mins into the job as he's getting sorted with tools and such, he's looking at the washing machine he installed a few days before realising it looks a little different.

Genius.

Hope that makes you feel better, OP ;)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
He didnt mean to lock the car! He pressed the lock button with the door still open instead of the rear window demister button by accident! Still quite a large amount of fail though good effort!

E46 M3
I dont get why you would open the car, turn it on, press the lock button, then get out the car lol ...

Surely it autolocks when you drive off, to save pressing the button?

I think he pressed the button by accident instead of the heated rear screen button (which is the same just on the other side of the centre console)

This locking feature has caused me endless annoyance when picking people up. Luckily I haven't managed to encounter any problems like this haha atleast you got a spare though!

Hold the lock button down to turn it off.

Does my tits in on cars, it's not like we live in South Africa!

And my other major gripe is unlocking a car using the key fob on most cars, it only unlocks the drivers door. IF I PRESS UNLOCK, I WANT TO UNLOCK THE WHOLE CAR!!!

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
Last week had an odd occurrence with my Clio, the thob wouldn’t work and wouldn’t lock the car.

Look across the car park – a chap with a Clio campus... trying to lock his car wouldn’t work.

Seems the thobs pressed together it won’t work. But a delay of around 30 seconds seems to now allow this chap to lock his car near mine!

Waited 30 seconds his thob then worked... waited a bit more then mine worked.

Frequencies must be so close.

And my other major gripe is unlocking a car using the key fob on most cars, it only unlocks the drivers door. IF I PRESS UNLOCK, I WANT TO UNLOCK THE WHOLE CAR!!!

My boss' car does that. Annoys the f**k out of me.

Unlock it. Get in. Get out. Try to open the boot. Boot still locked. Arghh

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Last week had an odd occurrence with my Clio, the thob wouldn’t work and wouldn’t lock the car.

Look across the car park – a chap with a Clio campus... trying to lock his car wouldn’t work.

Seems the thobs pressed together it won’t work. But a delay of around 30 seconds seems to now allow this chap to lock his car near mine!

Thob? thug/yob?

Roffle.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I will always pop the window down so i can grab the internal handle, too many strange instances of CLio's locking whilst on idle!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My boss' car does that. Annoys the f**k out of me.

Unlock it. Get in. Get out. Try to open the boot. Boot still locked. Arghh

Mine does it too, I've resorted to mashing the unlock button so I know all the doors will be unlocked by the time I get there. Once I sort vagcom out that feature will be deleted.

Z4 Coupe
Works van does this also, so fuxking annoying, I've got both hands full, key in my mouth, unlock the van ready to try and pull the back door open with my elbow and NO!! Still fcuking locked!!!!!

Anti hijack button? This is the wide/short one with the padlock on it presumably (on hazard light panel IIRC?)

The amount of times my mates used to f*** about with that thinking it was funny to stop my other friends from getting in the car. Thank f*** the doors never got shut with me outside the car...

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

it's a FOB fatty. Now I have to see your sisters boobs

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats. Assume it was nice and warm when you got in (eventually!!).

Not worthy of a Darwin award. Wrong category TBH.

Not as good as my Dad, who moved his Mazda off the drive, parked it on the road engine running one Sunday morning. Got the Caterham out the garage, shut the garage, got in the Caterham and drove off. Mum pops outside about 2 hours later and notices the car is sitting there unlocked, engine running still, with all the keys for house, all cars and work on the keyring.

Almost as intelligent as the time he basically broke into a neighbours house to install some new locks for me. Few mins into the job as he's getting sorted with tools and such, he's looking at the washing machine he installed a few days before realising it looks a little different.

Genius.

Hope that makes you feel better, OP ;)

PMSL! Quality!

D.