ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gloucester Photoshoot - PART 2

E87 118d M Sport
DSC_0476.jpg

oh my. that is gorgeous!!! dan will be pleased =D

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Cheers Dan. That last of mine is stunning! :cool: Do you have any of the other static shots of mine on the roof of the multistorey? The one shot from the front?

SchwepTek™
Awesome shots again!

Any tips on how you get them to look so moody. Especially the last one of Bombers. You using any filters or is it all post-processing?

Cheers Dan. That last of mine is stunning! :cool: Do you have any of the other static shots of mine on the roof of the multistorey? The one shot from the front?

Glad you like it :)

Yeh I do have a few more, will get them up by tonight.

Im afraid the photo at the docks wont really work, so we might have to revisit that sometime :)

Awesome shots again!

Any tips on how you get them to look so moody. Especially the last one of Bombers. You using any filters or is it all post-processing?

Hey m8,
Most of the 'moodyness' is made in post processing. One of the things you can do is simply bump up the contrast a bit, but I do a bit more than that as well :)
The other thing that might be making it look moody too is that I darken everything APART from the car slightly, just so it stands out a bit more.

Any other questions, just ask :)

SchwepTek™
Hey m8,
Most of the 'moodyness' is made in post processing. One of the things you can do is simply bump up the contrast a bit, but I do a bit more than that as well :)
The other thing that might be making it look moody too is that I darken everything APART from the car slightly, just so it stands out a bit more.

Any other questions, just ask :)

Cool. What about the skies?

That contrast as well?

Combo
Some simply amazing shots here mate.

How long are you spending editing (obviously not the "warp speed" one or the engine one).

Just wondered how much can be done through the camera.

Some simply amazing shots here mate.

How long are you spending editing (obviously not the "warp speed" one or the engine one).

Just wondered how much can be done through the camera.

Depends on what I feel needs doing. The rig shots obviously take a lot of time to remove the rig etc.

For the statics, I'll probably spend about 15mins each. That'll usually involve tidying the cars up, adjusting the levels, and in the case of bombers car, making the car silver and not the horrible orange colour caused by the lights in the carpark.

Hope that helps :)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Do you have anymore to post up Dan? Im free next friday night mate, and off work the whole week after that. Perhaps we can try out your polishing machine!;)

I think that's about it unfortunately. I've had a go at the docks photo, but I can't make it work.

Yeh I'll have a go on your car, as I said you can be my first 'customer', and I might start offering my services to anyone else looking for some paint correction.

I'm not sure when would be the best time to do it, as Im sure you may have guessed, it takes bloody ages to do a car! The only time I know I cant do anything at the moment is on Saturday, as Jay is gonna scare the s**t out of me at Mallory Park.

Do you use your car everyday?

lol, because for the rig shots we, or should I say Dan and Dave, were pushing the car. And I thought I couldnt see the drivers seat from the camera's viewfinder, but I guess I was wrong lol!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I think your about to become a cs legend with shots like this
they're truely awesome i'd love to be able to take shots like these one day
every credit to you

Thanks guys, and glad you like it Dave :)

Simoxmino - I dont use a tripod, but a long pole attached, in this case, to the top of the car by two suction mounts. This is then removed in photoshop to give the photo above :)

I'll see if I can get the unedited shot up soon :)