ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

globelane

Renault Clio 1600 16
Hello Club Members :),

As winter quickly approaches I have finally decided to attempt to repair the heater blower on my 1999 1600 16v Clio.

The car has Aircon and is the 2nd shape of clio therefore presumably a mark 2 and was 1st registered in Northern Ireland as WVZ 6750. On re-registration of the vehicle in England in 2004 the DVLA have given the car a T reg no. therefore I assume the car is a 1999 model.

After reading several threads from various sources I presume the problem is a heater blower resistor. I contacted my local Renault Dealer and they quoted a Heater Blower Resistor Part No. 7701044808 at £117.70p plus vat. They also advised on the following other heater components that may be causing the failure:-

Heater Computer, Motor / Resistor at £200 plus vat & Resister Kit at £88 plus vat. All this information has left me in a delema and although spending that amount of money on the heater could be justified on a nearly new car it is a but much for a £500 1999 model. I would appreciate any help or recommendations on the best way forward and any advise regarding the most likely cause of the heater blower failure. Incidently, I have checked the heater fan fuse on the passenger end of the dashboard and that is OK.:S

Renault Clio 1600 16
Thanks Jon_r,

As you know I am new member to ClioSport and appear to be having difficulty accessing threads or information on the heater blower resistor. Appreciate it if you could direct in the right direction. Regards Globelane