ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glaze recommendation for Black Clio

172 money pit
Hi all,

just wondering what people are using at the moment as a glaze, and what you'd recommend for my metallic black Clio?

Compared to the fleck in the black paint of the Discovery, the fleck in the Clio's paint seems quite small, so anything that will help give it a bit of pop would be great.

Thanks

Chris

172 money pit
How into detailing are you?

I've got a PC & some Sonus pads, Megs polishes etc. and I'm trying to find more time to practice.

I did my Clio at the weekend, but I'm not that happy with the results. Gloss improved all over, but I felt that DACP on a Sonus DAS Orange wasn't giving me the correction I was after. It felt like I was just addressing oxidation on the clear coat rather than anything else.

My paint seems quite hard, not too many swirl marks to start with, mostly RDS. Getting any correction was quite hard work.

I was thinking that a glaze would improve the "depth" and help the flake to pop.

Chris

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What JD said.

I always say people maybe expect too much from a DA. Too get to a rotary level of performance from a DA you need to be a pro imo.

Keep practicing though.

Poorboys blackhole with a DA on a finishing pad will add something to your paint no end. I even have a bottle for sale!

What JD said.

I always say people maybe expect too much from a DA. Too get to a rotary level of performance from a DA you need to be a pro imo.

Keep practicing though.

Poorboys blackhole with a DA on a finishing pad will add something to your paint no end. I even have a bottle for sale!

Of Blackhole? Might have a buyer for a BMW I have no time for.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate I bought a bottle not long ago I used it on one panel. I already had a little left over in an old bottle.

Cheap cheap sale. :)

172 money pit
It will do the latter, but you understand it will not get rid of swirls, only mask them.

Yeah, sure. It's a daily driver, not destined for Pebble Beach :)

If I can get better with the DA, get a bit more correction, and then fill anything I can't get rid of, that's fine with me.

For my car I have a rule that if I can't see the imperfection from about 2 feet, that's good enough. At that point it's not going to wind me up on a daily basis.

Chris

OK. Sorry for the lack of replies yesterday. I thought "they've clearly not clicked Reply to All". Then realised my inbox was full :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it was! I sent the same message 9 times hoping you'd get 9 emails from CS, did it work?