ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gfx Card

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
so apparently mine has blown. im after a new one. im not massively clued up with these things so some help please?

i dont want to spend much but i dont want a crappy card either so best value for money please.

i have a 750W PSU already so that shouldnt be an issue.
the old one was a palit gts450 if it helps?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Think the most graphically intensive game I have is Euro truck sim 2 lol.
Or maybe grid 2

Budget is as I said, not a lot. Sub £100 ideally.

Looks like the one I had goes for about £30 so an improvement on that for a bit more money would be ok I suppose

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
can yo explain a bit clearer please? theres so many different phrases flying about with these cards im getting a bit lost.

last time i bought a card memory was king and the more you had the better.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
that looks very similar to the one i was looking at in PC world only with 2ce the memory lol

good to know i was on the right track

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
fair point. amazing what a difference 1 number makes lol

ill see about getting that saphire one then

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The 260X is a good shout by Addicted - certainly for the budget in mind.

You might score lucky on the Bay and get a marginally quicker nVidia card. But the 260X is 'significantly' better than the GTS450 that you already have.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Little help please?

My misses went out and bought a similar gfx card to that linked one, put it in the PC, worked fine for a few days.
Played games fine until yesterday when I loaded a new game up and I got a black screen and eventually the PC shut off. Now it turns on but doesn't display anything on the screen. Tried taking gfx card out and run it on the run cable in the motherboard and it still doesn't work.

Unplugged the cpu to clean the fan etc out because it was getting dirty and I've put it back in, taken the cmos battery out for a minute then tried it and still nothing.

It won't turn off now either. PC turns on, won't boot and won't turn off I have to turn the psu off.

Did notice the hdd light isn't flashing at all. Don't know if that's relevant?

I'm thinking it may be and my hdd is fecked?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The old gpu was knackered as far as I'm aware being as a new one sorted the issue.

Yes the gpu has a desperate power supply but I'm not even getting any signal from the vga off the motherboard

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
How would I test that?

Surely it wouldn't turn on with a fecked psu?

Voltage test. You may well be getting Mobo power, but GFX power rails blown. Had that years ago mate. Took ages to suss out lol.

Leave button battery out over night with full power off.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If it's not posting (the first screen where it shows hardware summary and lets you enter the BIOS) then there is a hardware fault somewhere. If you have a PC speaker then you should get beeps that will help you diagnose, unless there's something wrong to the point that it doesn't get that far (which will be power related, whether it's a loose cable or faulty PSU).

Do you have a spare PSU that you can use to test?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a crappy old one off an old PC that I'm tempted to try.

No beeps from the PC, not sure it has a speaker tbh