ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting your website onto Google etc

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Whats the best way to get your website onto the popular search engines? I've set up some meta tags but after reading a bit more on the net it would appear that they don't have much relevance nowadays? Is there any way (for free) that I can get a site on?

Cheers

Rick

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
if you wanna pay you can get something called google adwords which puts u right at the top with the sponsered links

if you wanna pay you can get something called google adwords which puts u right at the top with the sponsered links

Not always.. that's all based on a lot of other factors.
If you use generic terms, then expect to pay a lot of money per click to get anywhere near the first page.. or do even more work than standard optomisation to get a better quality score etc. to bring the CPC down.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Dont know how I have done it, but if you type photos n designs in google im in the top 3 :D

Or photos ben wall < my name. im in the top 5. all is good it would seem.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that gives tips on how to get the site onto google then? Don't want to pay anything unless I absolutely have to!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
meta tags
<H> tags
content
quality inbound links
structure of the website i.e good coded html/css design
relevant page titles

google base is good too, and also adwords (altho havent use adwords as of yet)

306 TD Slut
as he said, nice clean coding and relevent keywords throughout all text, also inbound links appear to make a different too

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
u dont need to add, it will take the same amount of time for them to just find ya and doesnt make you look as likely to be dodgy by having to add yourself (but thats just my theory lol)

inbound links are the most important though, that proves that if you are being linked to by well respected sites then you must be a decent site which has genuine interest therefore moves you up!

We've donated about £400 of furniture to a tv show for a mention on their program and a link to our site from the ITV website. :O

306 TD Slut
nice one mate, which prog?

edit: dont worry just googled it. well done mate! you should see a nice number of hits coming in from that! and more importantly, purchases!