ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Getting More In Shot"

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I have a Canon 400D with the stock 18mm-55mm Lens, And I cant get enough in shot. For example, I am in Manhattan at the moment, And I cannot get the whole of a Skyscraper in one shot. I presume I can get a new lens to rectify this issue.

I presume i need one that zooms too a higher mm, So would a 75mm-300mm rectify this issue, Or would I need on thats smaller than my stock lens?

I'm curently looking at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamron-75-300...ryZ30070QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or have a I got the wrong end of the stick and need a smaller lens?

Thanks

Rally bus
If you can't get the whole of the subject in you need less mm not more. A Sigma 10-20mm should do.

75-300mm will be good for zooming in on say a football from the stadium..

a 10-22 is what your after, and can take more 'wider' pics

As mentioned, you need a wider lens (lower mm) or to stand much further back!

This is with a Sigma 10-20...

131730196_wf2Nx-L.jpg

Which as you can see is not only wide enough to fit a skyscraper in, but wide enough to get most of them around you in as well. Or even better, if you shoot straight up at 10mm you get this...

131725813_2TLFA-L.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ah right, Thanks guys :D

So next question, Which one to go for?

Any recomendations? As Said im in Manhatan right now and there are camera stores on every corner!!

Revels Mum & Sister
Sigma 10-20mm mate

There arent many ultra wide angles I dont think. There is Canon's own around the same coverage but the Sigma is damn good and cheaper as well I believe

More importantly. Get off the bloody internet and enjoy your holiday weirdo ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Those Sigma 10-20mm aer slightly out of my budget at the moment, Any cheaper ones, OR should I just wait a little longer and save up for this?

They are about 250-300 quid right?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Sigma 10-20mm mate

There arent many ultra wide angles I dont think. There is Canon's own around the same coverage but the Sigma is damn good and cheaper as well I believe

More importantly. Get off the bloody internet and enjoy your holiday weirdo ;)

LMAO, Free Wifi at the hotel, Just chilling out for half hour, Walked about 12 miles today!!!!

10-20 is the one to get, been in B&H Photo Video? Too late now if you haven't as they are closed for Passover, but even if you don't buy in there it's an amazing experience, awesome store.

And yep, 10-20 should be about $500.

Is the only thing that puts me off getting one, not sure if I will use it much after the initial excitement. Plus the Oly 7-14 is mega money.

I'm waiting for my 30mm... due for delivery today... everytime I hear a van go past I am at the window lol!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Got a bit more money to play with now, And I am still after this sort of lens.

I can get the Sigma 10-20mm for £289, Is this about the best I'm going to do price range, As its still a little rich considering im an amateur, Cant find and second hand ones either :(

Revels Mum & Sister
  Bus w**ker
Head down to J&R in Brooklyn, near the city hall...just ask a copper for directions, there will be enough of them down there lol. Dirt cheap, loads of stock and it's over a block long lol. Be warned though the staff are about as knowledgeable and helpful as a wet fart.

Or B&H on the corner of 9th and w 34th street. Also good but not as cheap, not much in it though, however the staff are A LOT better.

FF Blackgold 182
Head down to J&R in Brooklyn, near the city hall...just ask a copper for directions, there will be enough of them down there lol. Dirt cheap, loads of stock and it's over a block long lol. Be warned though the staff are about as knowledgeable and helpful as a wet fart.

Or B&H on the corner of 9th and w 34th street. Also good but not as cheap, not much in it though, however the staff are A LOT better.

I assume that he isn't still in NY mate, but nice idea. ;)