ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting dent sorted..

ds3
So.. my mum had taken the clio to work, and her manager’s husband, who was driving her managers car drove into it. Cue much hysterics from said manager, who was practically hitting the roof that her husband had driven her brand new mini into something else. Anyway, the damage was minimal, nothing on the mini and it just dented the clio a bit. An absolute minor dent, you can barely see it, but the bloke offered to pay to have it fixed, assuming it would be fixed at one of those dentmagic places or something. Yesterday my dad took it to two of those dent repairal places, and they said they couldn’t do it because it involved *****-arsing around with the window and all sorts of other palavers, and it needed to go to a bodyshop. So my dad took it to a bodyshop and they quoted £400.. to sort out this:
2w6tf01.jpg

it’s so minor you can barely see it! Infact, I couldn’t get it to show up in the picture. It’s basically where the fingerprints are, and it’s kind of crumpled. So basically.. cheapest place to get this fixed in Bristol? We wouldn’t even get it fixed usually (the car is trashed unfortunately, due to my offroad driving “lessons”, it being the shopping trolley and other things) but he offered to pay so might as well get it done. I just don’t think he’s expecting a bill that much.

Also, does anyone know the name of that colour.. I’ve never found out. It’s horrid.

What were you expecting? They'll have to re-paint the full quarter and probably blend the door too depending on the colour. Don't do cheap with bodyshops, just don't do it.

Oil Burner
i would get a second opinion from a dent revoval company. Sometimes they have to drill a small hole through the skin to access the bodywork they need, but largely speaking unless the paint is broken they can do most things.

Golf R
i wouldn't bother getting it fixed... explain to the guy what you have been quoted and try and settle for something like £100-£150 for the dent - by your own admission the car isn't going to win any shows anyway!

if you come to sell the car you won't get full mint price for it but at least you'll have had some form of compensation for that fact - plus if you can't capture it in a photograph it's likely to be a minor mark - part ex the car dirty and it's unlikely to be spotted ;)