ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting Bumpers Back To black?

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
so guys im looking to bring back the real deep black to my bumpers as they've faded to a dull black/gray, can anyone recommend products that could do this, or even if its worth masking and spraying them :)
cheers

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

Gtechnic people swear by. Have a look in the detailing section. Can't remember which exact variant it is.

Don't expect to get a lot of liking for your car on here looking like that though mate!
Might want to put your flame suit on!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The answers in the title, any product labeled back to black will sort it out, it may be worth forking out for the stuff already mentioned so it lasts a bit longer.

I use turtle wax black in a flash, £4 or so for a can, spray on, leave for a bit, wipe off. It lasts about 2-3 months :)

Also, just looked at the car... Dear lord.

K20?

MG ZR 1.8
Trim black. Can't be sure of the make but it's about £5 from halfords. Or just colour code them?

And those badges... Why? :|

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
I've carbon wrapped all of mine on my mk3 because i was sick of grey! Looks like black from a distance, and nice suttle look up close, also did a lot of the interior trim ( air vents, centre console, panel covers and gear stick trim). Next idea is to do interior+exterior pillars

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.408756,-2.577695

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
haha everyone is entitled to their say, so i don't really mind. I bought new headlights and rear lights as the old ones where really faded and and many of the fittings/holders were wrecked or had the screws rounded off. i got some alloys to replace the old ones as they were scratched to pieces and in pretty poor shape in places. and yeah ill own up to the badges, don't know what the hell i was thinking ive taken it off.

as for the bumpers would masking them up and respraying the trim be a worth while solution or will it be pointless work?
Thanks guys and i do appreciate the criticism :)

If you do want to spray I'd recommend taking it off personally. If you do mask, make sure it's thorough! I've previously had some very good results with a satin black rattle can from Halfords. Probably could achieve similar results on your lesser spotted "type r sport clio" ;)

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
If you do want to spray I'd recommend taking it off personally. If you do mask, make sure it's thorough! I've previously had some very good results with a satin black rattle can from Halfords. Probably could achieve similar results on your lesser spotted "type r sport clio" ;)

what sort of life did you get out of it?, I've heard some people have to re-do it after 15 or so washes, haha i can safely say the type r has now gone :p

^ Did my top grill about 6 months ago. Fine ever since. Keyed with sandpaper and a brillo pad (random I know, but I can't take the credit) to start with so the primer adhered and then top coated with Satin black. If you are considering it, start with something small to practice and check out the threads on here on how to DIY spray, there's a guide somewhere.

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
thats pretty good to be honest, ill have a look into it a bit more, but its a strong possibility :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
YES.

Gtechniq is not really for that kind of job. It actually needs the hairdryer treatment tbh. Google it.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I mean what does the abbreviation stand for?

Edit: just looked on urban dictionary, feel old now! How does a 21 year old not know about this text talk haha