ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting behind the stereo...

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Hey guys, just wondered, with our clios, is it possible to access the rear of the stereo from behind the glove box? or is this a dash off jobbie? Going to be installing a new stereo tomorrow, but got the stalk/display adapter in the loom etc, so wanna make sure it's all in nicely an leaving enough room for air to circulate at the back. Also need to feed the iPhone lead to the glove box too. Any help/ideas would be very much appreciated, cheers, Ash.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Above the cup holder there is a curved piece of plastic, that slides forwards and unclips, this gives you some access to the bottom of the stereo and its how i managed to feed an iPod adapter into the glovebox, for the stalk controls I'm pretty sure you have to take the dash board off as most plug into the little screen at the top.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Hmm I'm not sure, the only bit loose from the stalk/display loom is a headphone looking plug, an I don't think it's long enough to reach up there anyways, I'm hoping that just goes into the back of the stereo haha. Seems alot of effort just for my display to say "Renault" haha.

Here's the adapter:)
006hlk.jpg

Attachments

• 006hlk.jpg
    006hlk.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
Where the cup holder is in the centre. Towards the engine is a sloped piece of plastic.

This pulls out, and you will then be able to access all of it from behind there.

There is more than enough room, I have 3 sets of RCA leads (6 plugs), Bluetooth, Stalk Adapter, upper display and normal HU connections all in that little compartment behind the headunit.