ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting air to my brakes for a track day

RB 182
Hi,

Im booked into a track day in 2 weekends time and im wondering about my brakes.

Ive purchased some 5.1 fluid and will be buying standard brake pads next week as a back up set (Ive heard they are fine for the odd track day)

without spending a ton of money and apart from running an air feed from the fog lamps, is there anything I can do to cool the brakes and avoid too much heat?

Thanks

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be honest I've never driven Kirk. I have had a look at the track though.

Change the fluid minimum, just make sure you're not braking for longer than you need to.

Short hard bursts of braking is better than trailing the brake, that tends to be what cooks the pads. Although it will wear the discs more.

Don't stay out for too many laps on the standard set up & do one or two cooling down laps before you come in (not touching the brakes).

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Good advice there thanks Advikaz

Is removing, then refitting arch liners and fogs an easy job?

No problem mate.

With regards to the sh*t shield removal, i'll let someone else cover that as I've not done one on a 182 before.

Enjoy!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes can do it on your drive DIY no problem and it's free...

Just do short stints, go out for so many laps, do a cool down lap, let you, car and brakes cool down in pits and repeat

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Not to teach you to suck eggs but keep an eye on your tyre pressures as they will rise as they get hotter.

Also check your coolant & oil levels etc before hand (and take any loose items out the car)